Can you re-apply next year? (1 Viewer)

jaihson

HSC
Hey, I'm just after some help. If I was to defer the course I have got an offer for and took a year off to work and travel, but then decided at the end that i no longer wanted to do the course that I'd defered, what happens? Is my uai still valid for the rounds next year? Or do I have to wait til I'm mature age if I change my mnd about the course I want to do?

Thanks.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you apply for other courses when you re-apply?

Yes. If you were granted deferment but would like to be considered for other courses, then put these courses ahead of your deferred course in your list of preferences. If you receive an offer to a course that you put ahead of your deferred course, then your deferred offer is no longer valid.

^ From the UAC site

I think your UAI is valid for up to 5 years or something.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
You're uai is re-calculated each year if you're not enrolled.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
The HSC results you have, are re-calculated to fit with next *um* I mean this year's cohort - hence recalculating of your UAI.

Having said that, chances are your UAI will fall and the cutoffs will rise for every progressive year. Although it may not always be the case, you still have to keep that in mind.

jaihson

HSC
Thanks everyone. I just recieved an email from UAC. They said that the UAI is never re-calculated, which makes sense I suppose considering that you sat different exams to this year's cohort. As you said, just place the new courses as a higher preference to the deferred one.

Ta

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, your UAI is NOT re-calculated from year to year. Your UAI will stay the same, whether you use it again for a uni transfer, or a post-deferment application etc...

The only situation in which it can be recalcuated is if your raw hsc marks change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)