Can you star in your own Short movie? (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I was thinking about this and well, wouldn't it kind of stuff up the whole student annoymity? But i guess you could credit the filmmaker/director as the student number, and the "actor" as your name ...But i was hoping someone who actually knew something about this would be happy to lend me a hand. =)

porquoispas

HSC
you don't have to identify actors/actresses in the credits.. It's a student film and so the whole legal crap doesn't apply so you dnt have to say its u

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Oh really? Now that is intresting. Still, i'd like some more feedback =)

Shnurs

HSC
You are allowed to star in your own movie but you have to remember that if you do so, you're losing the ability to direct your actors as such and it will take a lot longer to set up your shots, get in the shot and then shoot instead of just being behind the camera and instructing everyone.

Personally I'm using to starring in my own films but for ext2 this year I've got a cast and it's definitely something different but worth the while in the end.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Yeah, I recently shot my film. Acting and directing simulatneously can be a pain at times, but hey that's my name! *cough*
No in all seriousness, it is a rewarding process, it does save time in actual direction -- Because you already know what you want!
But then, you really need a camera man or Assistant with you. This is a Cinematographer, and without one - or one who can aptly monitor the shooting - then you are shit out of luck when it comes to framing and lighting etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)