Can you still get an 85+ ATAR despite bombing your internals (1 Viewer)

ScxLore1216

HSC
I am hoping to aim for an B5 for all my subjects, but right now atm I am not performing well as expected for 6 out of my 11 units of my subject. Currently my ranking for Physics is close to last in the grade but my Chemistry and Maths Ext I and Adv is still holding strong. My Economics and English Std is decently alright. Even though I did put a lot of effort into Physics, still not doing well as I spend a lot of time focusing on one part during assessment tasks and did not have time to tackle the other questions in Physics. I do know my Physics Content and tried doing a lot of Questions to Grind out.
Im just worried that I would get a atar less than 70 and I won’t be able to make it into any courses residing in Sydney.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given that your internal performance is favourable in 3 of your subjects, it would be reasonable to suggest that you are likely on track with an ATAR higher than 70. That would constitute the worst possible case scenario. However, I believe that, despite your unfavourable position in Physics and your position in Economics and English Standard (which appears to be of a decent standard but perhaps is not as high as you would hope). Not only do you have the opportunity to improve your ranks across your subjects by performing well in your upcoming school-based assessment tasks/exams, but you should also not overlook the importance of the HSC exams, which contribute 50% of your HSC marks for your subjects, making them a great opportunity for you to maximise your chances of achieving an 85+ ATAR. Of course, you must do your utmost in terms of preparations and revision for your goal to be within reach.

It is also important to keep in mind that your ATAR is not the only way through which you can receive an offer for a particular university degree. Not only can you potentially have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank (the conditions and values of which may depend on the specific degree/university that you are interested in), but early entry schemes also create an opportunity for you to be made an offer in the event that your ATAR is not sufficiently high.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)