• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you suggest Japanese songs? (1 Viewer)

Red 23

HSC
N/A
Hi,
We're Red 23, a band based in Taipei, Taiwan.

We're very interested in languages and music; we write/perform original songs in Mandarin Chinese, English and Japanese.

We are looking for one or two Japanese songs to cover...if you have any ideas, please visit our website, listen to our mp3 samples...can you recommend any upbeat, faster tempo Japanese language covers that you think might fit our style?

We tried "Linda, Linda" by the Bluehearts and a couple Chage/Aska songs, but we're looking for others (maybe more recent?)

We're planning to record a couple of our Japanese originals that we do at our shows and get them on our site this year (but right now we only have English and Chinese song samples)

Our band members come from Taiwan, the USA and Poland. We enjoy meeting other people who speak/are learning other languages and would enjoy hearing from you. Please leave a message on our message board at our site!

Thanks for your help!

Our website: www.red23.info

e-mail: info@red23.info

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, if you're a band, L'arc~En~Ciel do some very good J-rock/pop

Ken Hirai also sings some very good japanese songs....

but it depends on your style, and also if you want to cover only male or female bands... the 2 above are male

www.geocities.com/ojochan for songs, artists and lyrics....

Red 23

HSC
N/A
Thanks

Snoopy05 and Babydoll,
Thanks

We're looking to do anything uptempo, higher energy really, probably something more in the vein of J-rock.

We do many different styles of music, the mp3's on our site are mainly in the style of rock, funk-rock, a/c..but we also do songs with bossa nova, jazz and Latin tinges. Yes, we're all guys, one of our guitarists lived in Japan for 6 years and can speak/sing Japanese, so he'll probably be the one to sing the Japanese songs.

Everyone:
Since we do different styles, we're asking people to listen to our mp3's and recommend specific songs that you think might fit our style.

Thanks to all of you who have emailed us with your suggestions!

Red 23
www.red23.info

P.S. We're looking for a song called "Lullaby" by a band called D'eranger (<--correct romanization?) but can't find a recording of the song! Can anyone help? Know where to buy the CD?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
thanks, hehe i love that movie

have you tried www.yesasia.com ? it has the most stock and it's pretty reliable. the prices are pretty reasonable for imported CDs as well.

well as i said, try L'arc~En~Ciel (Honey, Driver's High, Ready Steady Go!) first, i also recommend Ken Hirai, Ayumi Hamasaki's new album "My Story" has some great rock songs (Game, About You, Humming 7/4) you could redo, FAKE? (a bit hard to find but they do good jrock), LUNA SEA (pretty old), ZONE (theyre girls but i'm sure you can redo it), i can't think of anymore :p

snoopy05

HSC
babydoll are you japanese?
anyways, yea,
YESASIA !
and u mite wanna try Xjapan's stuff if u got the voice!

and do you have ayumi's new album?? i ordered it, i cant wait till it arives! huahahH!!
they sell it in china town for 28bucks, i dunno if its a real version, it looks real, doesnt look fake.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
nah i'm viet but i study japanese at uni

yeah i bought it from Marigold Centre in Chinatown, $32 for CD and DVD with like 6 clips, its really good! buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit

snoopy05

HSC
i got it coming , dw~ hehe
marigold centrer? is that the one at the back gate of sussex street? or is it in the arcade across market city?

i spent $32 for michael jackson's DVD TT _ TT ,
wasnt really that good, . . his dances are groovythough!

dogbacon

Osaka-ben
HSC
I used to buy Japanese CDs from SHINSEIDO at Chatswood Westfield,
its also about $32 for an album.
But you get 10% discount if you're a student :p
They also sell Japanese Anime/Drama/Movie DVDs as well...

Ooh I wanna listen to Ayumi's new album!! :)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Japanese albums in Malaysia are cheap as!!!

I bought some Do As Infinity albums for 51 ringgit each, abt A$18. The deal for Ayu's My Story is even better, u get 2 discs - 1cd & 1 dvd & its the same price as a normal album. On the dvd theres her PVs, making ofs & other behind the scenes footage.

Maybe if i was a massive Ayu fan i would have bought it :p

snoopy05

HSC
you are missing out !!!!
what were u thinkin!
but yea, in SEasia they tend to sell it for cheaper price, cus its a 2nd/3rd world country u see,

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
Red 23 said:
Snoopy05 and Babydoll,
Thanks

We're looking to do anything uptempo, higher energy really, probably something more in the vein of J-rock.

We do many different styles of music, the mp3's on our site are mainly in the style of rock, funk-rock, a/c..but we also do songs with bossa nova, jazz and Latin tinges. Yes, we're all guys, one of our guitarists lived in Japan for 6 years and can speak/sing Japanese, so he'll probably be the one to sing the Japanese songs.

Everyone:
Since we do different styles, we're asking people to listen to our mp3's and recommend specific songs that you think might fit our style.

Thanks to all of you who have emailed us with your suggestions!

Red 23
www.red23.info

P.S. We're looking for a song called "Lullaby" by a band called D'eranger (<--correct romanization?) but can't find a recording of the song! Can anyone help? Know where to buy the CD?

try ayumi hamasaki!!
a song called ourselves!

very j rock and upbeat! i love her stuff its heaps cool.. she also covers hardcore lolz... :D

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
dogbacon said:
I used to buy Japanese CDs from SHINSEIDO at Chatswood Westfield,
its also about $32 for an album.
But you get 10% discount if you're a student :p
They also sell Japanese Anime/Drama/Movie DVDs as well...

Ooh I wanna listen to Ayumi's new album!! :)

i got it ! lolz!

very rock like :D its called my story i think...

snoopy05

HSC
ayumi!! hoho i got it just today!

inspire's Video clip is so good! man these video clip is much better than these crappy ones we see at Video hits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)