• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you transfer to another university? (1 Viewer)

Maddy1012

HSC
Hey everyone who bothers to read this,

I was wondering if i do a B Science at maquarie and do well enough.. would i be able to transfer to sydney uni after a year and after doing the STATand get into pharmacy?
How well would i have to do in B science?
If anyone does it what subjects would you recommend i choose?
What GPA would i have to get and how many credit points?
I was just curious because i read a thing saying that they only allow internal transfer? Or did i just misinterpret something?

i need some assistance pleasssse :)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There are two types of transfers:

Internal (through MQ): where they take your GPA to see if you're eligible for transfer WITHIN THE SAME institution. (ie, useless for external).

External (through UAC): you go through the HSC process of applying and waiting for Main rounds, etc. This is what you must use.

As for credit for previous studies, you'd have to talk to USYD about that, rather than MQ, because thats who will ultimately be responsible for your transfer.

But yes, to do what you need to do, you'd have to fulfill several conditions, one of which is probably a fairly high UAI/GPA combo and a high STAT score as well.

http://www.pharm.usyd.edu.au/future_students/cw_degrees/reg_degree/index.shtml

Student Services Assistant (Enquiries)
Phone: 02 9351 2320
Email enquiries@pharm.usyd.edu.au for more enquiries I guess

zzzz

HSC
Im looking at applying for BCom-Accounting next year. If I dont get into that degree would it be easier to go and do a UWS B Business and Commerce for a year and transfer or would it be better to do another course at MQ and transfer? If I transfer would I have to wait for 1 year or can I apply after 1/2 year?

Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The internal transfer will take into account 12 credit points and a GPA of 2.0 (pass average).

The external will take into account your UAI and your uni marks and calculate a new entrance rank/score for you to compete with year 12s/mid-year entrants.

You can transfer mid year, but depending on your situation, it'll be up to you to decide which is better.

zzzz

HSC
Thanks for the info.

How hard is it to get a GPA of 2.0? Is it achievable. At this stage it looks like I may get a dull UAI of around 75.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Lets say, if you're not achieving it, then you'll be having troubles transferring anywhere.

Jarsh89

HSC
Haha, make sure you tell the uni your plan when you go for your interveiw :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)