Can you wear WHATEVER you want to uni? (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yes people in uni are pretty much the same as high school, but in the case of my uni. people tend to be a lot smarter than my grade in school haha

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
duack said:
r ppl in uni as annoying as ppl in high school cos i pretty much hate half my grade
I reckon the required UAI removes the bottom of the barrel scum, so most people have basic level of common sense, and are therefore less annoying.

spence

HSC
Davo1111 said:
I reckon the required UAI removes the bottom of the barrel scum, so most people have basic level of common sense, and are therefore less annoying.
I don't think there's much correlation between common sense and UAI

chamelia

HSC
first few weeks everyone dresses to impress. and it all goes downhill from there.

guys who are 'dressed up' , say for a presentation wear jeans and a clean t shirt. with thongs at best. theres a guy in my class who never actually wears shoes.

also depends on what degree you do. teaching students dress very practically (and imo boring). design students like to look cutting edge. art students look like they raided a vinnies bin - on purpose. med and law students dress practical but still on trend.

blOwfish

HSC
chamelia said:
also depends on what degree you do. teaching students dress very practically (and imo boring). design students like to look cutting edge. art students look like they raided a vinnies bin - on purpose. med and law students dress practical but still on trend.
I also agree on that! Add in humanity students - cutting edge mixed with vinnes bin and business students - practical, trendy and modern. Engineering students - hmm in my experience.. they dress like bogans.

Also international students - esp girls.. rock up to uni in high heels, done up hair with loads of hairspray, face full of make up and a mini purse =P

chamelia

HSC
blOwfish said:
Also international students - esp girls.. rock up to uni in high heels, done up hair with loads of hairspray, face full of make up and a mini purse =P
So true! I've seen that many many times. And I'm like...so how many hours did it take you to get ready this morning??

I think it takes me 30mins to get brekki, do make up, hair, get dressed and pack books in the morning for uni. So for a guy it should take 10mins. Even I just pick up what's on my floor (somewhat reasonable tho!).

lala2

Banned
HSC
lol so true with international students. Or, Korean girls in general (domestic or international). pharmacy's too fashionable for their own good, or maybe it's just my grade (apparently other years are normal and we're too fashionable and bitchy...bitchy I agree with). I don't care--jeans, a top and whatever shoes is what does me. hell, I'd turn up in PJs or a tracksuit if I could. but I must maintain a certain level of fashion decency especially when commuting.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Law students generally look decent to well presented with out being OTT but there are a lot of them at Mac who are the ex-private school kiddies who dress like its a fashion contest.

You can also catch a few law students in suits etc when they have come from/are on the way to the paralegal job...I felt like such a tool on the days I can straight from work

Scissors

HSC
melsc said:
Law students generally look decent to well presented with out being OTT but there are a lot of them at Mac who are the ex-private school kiddies who dress like its a fashion contest.

You can also catch a few law students in suits etc when they have come from/are on the way to the paralegal job...I felt like such a tool on the days I can straight from work
what about the business/commerce/finance people at Mac? how do they dress?

ronash

HSC
melsc said:
A guy rocked up to a 8am lecture in April/May wearing PJs and a blanket wrapped around him...everyone applauded him.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my hero :rofl:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
tbh at csu, from day one nobody dresses to impress
if people go to lecturers fully clothed it's an achievement

Just.waiting

HSC
what about when you do a double degree?

I want to do arts/law, so should I be wearing a blazer and second hand ripped jeans?

HSC
Just.waiting said:

I want to do arts/law, so should I be wearing a blazer and second hand ripped jeans?
Hahahaha :rofl:

HSC
I rock up in PJ's fairly frequently

Once just went in boxers and a t shirt

barefoot, too

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Just.waiting said:

I think it depends on which degree the person prefers. While I enjoy Arts I am there for the Law part more and thus my attire reflects that. That said I am a pink and sparkley person so I probably don't dress like the average law student anyway.

BTW Arts/Law is a good combo good luck :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL as a business student i rock up i whatever piece of clothing is on top of the pile in my wardrobe.

uni isnt a fashion show, its an educational institution. at the best of times you are there to learn and not to party. unless youre there for a party :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)