• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Canada (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Anyone here been to Canada?

I am interested in doing a working holiday over there late 2009. And I hope to get a job as a nurse over there, sicne I'll be qualified. I'm planning to go late so i can have a winter over there and autumn, and also I'm hoping to do my midwifery degree in 2009, depending on how things go of course.

Flying over there, do you stopover? How long does it take?

Anyone recommend any backpacking tips too in general? I am not going to make the same mistake I did when I went to Melbourne with a suitcase and backpack. im amazed how backpackers can pack so little for such a long time! Im planning to go with a friend so yeah we could share some clothes i guess if we got desparate, and Id buy all the winter gear over there, coz we wouldnt be able to get much here in Brisbane.

Also does Canada have a reciprocal health agreement with Medicare? I know that if you come frm like NZ and UK etc you can get medicare treatment here....

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Canada is the country that gave us Nathan Fillion and Gilles Villeneuve.

Therefore, it is a good place.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Do you have a specific place in Canada where you'd like to go? It's a big country.

I'd recommend Vancouver and Montreal (Quebec, the francophone area is amazing) as the two best places (imo). Toronto's not bad.

In terms of flights the best flight is probably Sydney - San Francisco - Vancouver or Sydney - LA - Toronto. Yes you stopover, in either LA or San Francisco. There are flights from Brisbane too (just noticed your from there). Vancouver flight is about 18 hours while the Toronto flight is 20 hours.

No idea about medical stuff but you will need a lot of layers for the cold and snow. Do go skiing too obviously.

EDIT: In terms of flights actually look at Air Canada and Qantas. Those two would probably be your best bet for the flight over. My comments above are from the Qantas schedule.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)