Canberra's weather? (1 Viewer)

HedgeMaster

HSC
Heya, im just wondering what exactly is the weather like down there?, im just wondering as Ive been shopping/ packing recently for uni. My folks hav told me that its pretty cold, but im not sure of that exactly true, is it like rainy cold?, windy cold? or sunny cold?. I kno it sounds random, I just dont wanna rock up in like a wife beater and boardies, lol! Any suggestions on what sort of clothes to bring?

blacksunset

HSC
it varies. its very hot in summer, very cold in winter.
it doesnt rain that much, its very similar to tamworth/armidale in nsw if you have ever been there.
its not like melbourne where its yuck and wet and windy during winter.. it seems to be blue skies but very cold.
bring an extra warm doona, and scarves, beanies, wool tops and everything, but things you can wear in summer too..

Evilo

HSC
i bought another jumper this year, thats it. All shops etc are heated so it doesnt make much difference. I only used my beanie, gloves etc for a few things a) running at night in winter b) IB, and c) Geology excursions. tbh im tough :) (lol)

During the heart of winter you'll need long pants.

Id bring a jumper and beanie. The rest are optional. Also depends how "resistant" you are to the cold. A good doona is a great idea too.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
if canberra's weather was a baby i wouldn't hesitate for a second to punch it in the fucking face.

winter it's usually sub 10C until midday (plus -4 or so minimum temps are normal). this one time i walked out of the gym, didn't change out of my shorts/tshirt, and a gust of freezing air blew past for 10 or so seconds and i think i shrieked like a little bitch.

summer it's not as bad as sydney but it does get to mid to high 30's. thankfully for some reason (probably global warming or some bs) this summer hasn't been that bad at all.

oh yeah and bring sunglasses as you'll need them.

HedgeMaster

HSC
jas0nt said:
jas0nt said:
canberra's weather was a baby i wouldn't hesitate for a second to punch it in the fucking face.

Lol!!, hmm yess that exactly how i would silence canberra, hmm yes........*cough cough*......... lol!
Well thx 4 the help, im definatly gunna bring an extra duuna, jumper and stuff etc, and I luv 2 b snugg. Tho im not too keen on the beanie n gloves, lol!!

Evilo

HSC
tbh you get over the cold pretty quickly. It gets cold at night, and cold early in the morning. All the lecture halls are pretty warm. So its just that early morning dash to class

Your room will stay warm depending on if you keep your windows, doors and curtains closed when it starts to get cold.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)