Can't concentrate; too much for me to handle (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
This is probably one of the most crucial times in our HSC year where we pick up our game if necessary and study for the trials and whatnot but I can't concentrate. I have an research assessment due tmr and I can't seem to concentrate at all. For the past week and a half I tell myself that I need to get it done but I end up not getting anything or a minimum amount of work completed and it's really frustrating. I've already wasted 3 hours and I haven't realised. I just want to sleep.

I think it could just be that I'm not doing too well in school and I planned to study during the holidays for the trials but I've been issued another 4 assessments due on the first week back and I don't know what to do because it just seems all too much for my mind to handle. This all makes me want to drop out of school and it sounds ridiculous but school's getting to be too much for me and I still think it would have been better if I'd dropped out earlier. And yeah, everyone copes with stress differently. I for one don't handle stress well if that wasn't obvious.

Can anyone suggest ways of getting out of this obscure place?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Make a plan of what you need to do to get all your assessment tasks done and follow it... Please don't give up now, I have personally had a friend who had given up on her HSC in the last minute and it was absolutely heartbreaking to watch...if you need any help feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think your concentration issues are stress related - see your GP or counsellor about this and see what they say about the problem. I think other people posting stuff about routines is definitely a great way to organise your time, but just in case if your concentration problems are related to mental illness or something like that, see if you can get that remedied so it has a lesser impact on your well being in the future.

enoilgam

HSC
Can anyone suggest ways of getting out of this obscure place?
I think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing and more importantly, why you are doing it. What kind of an ATAR do you need? Do you need to do exceptionally well on the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)