can't. fix. settings. ARGH! (1 Viewer)

Mini

relax
HSC
OK.
I have windows xp and when i'm on desktop and alter any settings manually (change the taskbar, alter the QuickLaunch access bar) - those settings aren't saved when i next turn on the PC.
Also, when I change the order of my 'Links' bar in IE, it doesn't hold (changes next time i open IE).

Did I accidentally click some setting whereby user changes are not set as default? Its so irritating!

Any help would be very very much appreciated... thanks!!

sunny

meh.
HSC
What version of Windows XP are you using? What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Mini

relax
HSC
sunny said:
What version of Windows XP are you using? What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
IE 6 - and what do u mean 'version' of XP? there is only one XP.
i installed and used Spybot Search and Destroy recently... I'm wondering whether that stuffed up something in registry...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Mini said:
IE 6 - and what do u mean 'version' of XP? there is only one XP.
You can have XP Home Edition or Professional Edition, you can also have Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed. If you don't have any service packs installed I suggest you install them

Mini said:
i installed and used Spybot Search and Destroy recently... I'm wondering whether that stuffed up something in registry...
Unlikely, unless you deleted something you shouldn't have.

Mini

relax
HSC
sunny said:
You can have XP Home Edition or Professional Edition, you can also have Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed. If you don't have any service packs installed I suggest you install them.
thank ye, i shall now try and find a service pack for my Home Edition XP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)