cant get offer in a round till accepted/declined first pref offer in a previous round (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
IS THIS TRUE???

and also..
i am going to accept my preliminary round offer

so i can apply for a late round offer in another course that i (now) want to do..

can i decline the preliminary round offer, after i have accepted it? i hear u can choose to decline the offer, even after you have accepted it.

if i do decline it, must i accept the next one i get i.e. the late round offer?

any help much appreciated. thanks heaps. :)

Last edited:

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Abtari said:
IS THIS TRUE???

and also..
i am going to accept my preliminary round offer

so i can apply for a late round offer in another course that i (now) want to do..

can i decline the preliminary round offer, after i have accepted it? i hear u can choose to decline the offer, even after you have accepted it.

if i do decline it, must i accept the next one i get i.e. the late round offer?

any help much appreciated. thanks heaps. :)
Well all i know, is that the UAC ppl say that you should accept the offer, but you can still go for the late round!

So......do accept the offer & if u get another one, ring the Uni of the first offer & tell them u've changed ur mind!

Abtari

HSC
Help!!!

my question remains:

is there any reason y i wouldnt be considered for a late round offer, given that i have neither accepted nor rejected my prelim round offer (in which i got my (then) first pref)

thanks in advance.

Abtari

HSC
u must b wondering y i am worrying like this..

its because i didnt get a main round offer AT ALL.. when i had three preferences, all with low uai cut-offs in the 80s.. (i got 99.9 btw)

hence, i am worried about whether same thing will happen in late round...just bcos i didnt do anything with my stupid first pref prelim round offer.

please help. stranded.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Abtari said:

its because i didnt get a main round offer AT ALL.. when i had three preferences, all with low uai cut-offs in the 80s.. (i got 99.9 btw)

hence, i am worried about whether same thing will happen in late round...just bcos i didnt do anything with my stupid first pref prelim round offer.

please help. stranded.
If you got prelim round then you're not in the same pool as the main round. Are you an international student? Moreover, you will be considered for late round no matter what. If someone got the first pref and accepted the offer, however, if they don't change the pref. i.e moving the accepted offer to another place and put some other course in 1st then they will not be considered for late round.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Abtari said:

please help. stranded.
oh u made a big mistake there, but rest assured if u fix it ... YOU WILL GET A LATE ROUND OFFER..

if not, take a yr off..

anyways,
you should always ACCEPT your offer, this is because u can withdraw your acceptance until the end of march with no penalties.

If you had accepted (or declined if u know u dont want the course) your prelim offer then you would have gotten an offer this round.

You can't accept 2 offers at a time, so if you want the late round, withdraw your other one and accept the late round.

you are not an international student are you?

Tuna

HSC
N/A
You have just wasted a post (i.e space in KB of this forum, you're doing computing you should know better!) my stating what I did.

Abtari

HSC
Tuna said:
If you got prelim round then you're not in the same pool as the main round. Are you an international student? Moreover, you will be considered for late round no matter what. If someone got the first pref and accepted the offer, however, if they don't change the pref. i.e moving the accepted offer to another place and put some other course in 1st then they will not be considered for late round.

i moved the offer i got in prelim round to another spot...

and i have a new first preference for the late round ( i really want the first preference that i have in this round..i am sure of it)

BUT, will i be considered for the late round? i just want to be sure of that. thats all.

are u saying that i have to either accept or decline the prelim offer (which was a first preference, but not the same course as the one i have put as first preference, now, for the late round) IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE LATE ROUND?

I DON'T WANT TO NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR A ROUND, AS HAPPENED IN THE MAIN ROUND.

please someone verify this. thanks.

Abtari

HSC
n y are u guys asking if i am an international student or not..

what does that have to do with? are procedures different for international students? i do not think so. not sure though.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
As an international student. You're in a different round i.e
prelim(international) = main round(local)
I will give you an example for consideration in late round.

Offer was in your 1st preference.

e.g
1.A O
2.b H
etc.

late round consideration
1. changed
2. changed
9. A(the offer in prelim round)

Late round non-consideration
1. A
2. changed
3. changed
etc

Abtari

HSC
Tuna said:
As an international student. You're in a different round i.e
prelim(international) = main round(local)
I will give you an example for consideration in late round.

Offer was in your 1st preference.

e.g
1.A O
2.b H
etc.

late round consideration
1. changed
2. changed
9. A(the offer in prelim round)

Late round non-consideration
1. A
2. changed
3. changed
etc
no offence, but i didnt quite get that. its confusing. arrgh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)