cant make grad ceremony (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hey everyone,

over the weekend i got stitches and a black/swollen eye for easter - basically i am not getting my graduation pictures taken with a black eye.

i asked them if i could defer it to the may ceremony and their reply was that it is too late to defer and to send them my postal address so then can mail my cert out to me. YOU FUCKING PRICKS....AFTER 3 YEARS YOU'LL TAKE AWAY MY MOMENT TO SHINE JUST LIKE THAT????

so anywho, i'm awaiting a call/response via email. but i am wondering who could i appeal to if they say i cannot defer it? dean? i dunno about these things.

any help is greatly appreaciated.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Dam :/

you could always just get the certificate now, but ask if you can have a photo in the May ceremony?

(I know it sounds kind of wanky, but its an option).

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Dam :/

you could always just get the certificate now, but ask if you can have a photo in the May ceremony?

(I know it sounds kind of wanky, but its an option).
yeah they are adament (sp?) that i cannot defer it now..."its in the system". i could have deferred it before 1st march...

i am going to fight this. this is MADNESS!!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
threaten that you'll study at sydney next time, since they only have to confirm about 3 days before, not 2 months. i've heard they're only getting their grad packs now!

K.

HSC
You could always get your make up done. Some places hide bruises real well!

:santa:

Go in to show them your face, they might be a bit more sympathetic.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
redruM said:
hey everyone,

over the weekend i got stitches and a black/swollen eye for easter - basically i am not getting my graduation pictures taken with a black eye.

i asked them if i could defer it to the may ceremony and their reply was that it is too late to defer and to send them my postal address so then can mail my cert out to me. YOU FUCKING PRICKS....AFTER 3 YEARS YOU'LL TAKE AWAY MY MOMENT TO SHINE JUST LIKE THAT????

so anywho, i'm awaiting a call/response via email. but i am wondering who could i appeal to if they say i cannot defer it? dean? i dunno about these things.

any help is greatly appreaciated.
More like moment to shiner.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Photoshop? get a profesional to air brush out the bruises

X

xeuyrawp

Having a superficial reason to postpone your award seems silly. A valid reason (ie, 'I can't go because I got shot') would be alright, but having something like 'oh qq I look silly' isn't one of them. I couldn't say 'oh, um, I'm a little fat atm. Can I graduate next time when I'm a little thinner?'. :p

I bet you'll find that reasons which actually prevent you from attending would allow you to postpone. I'd go for what K. said and try makeup. I know it sucks, but we all know how little patience the mechanics of the university machine has.

If you want to actually appeal it, work your way up the chain. I find that people with offices physically above SES tend to be more powerful (and human) than the people in SES itself. SES-related admin people are absolute morons and will, at any given moment, attempt to screw you over. If you're being blocked, ask to whom you can speak. When they say 'there's noone', they're lying. Go knock on doors while you still have a massive shiner, and plead your case to the people who actually count.

Late edit: You could always do a variation of what Jamie said: Dress up on another day (maybe another grad ceremony), and get a family member/friend to take photos of you all. Or you could just get the mail-out initially, and go in on another grad day altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Atrium is empty most of the time anyway, just hire out a crowd!

OMG BOS MEET!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Thanks guys...its not so much the black eye, but the fact that i have a swollen top half of the eye and its closed shut - OH&S hazard anyone???

I do think I need to get to uni and see them in person...I'll smash it up good before I go there.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
May I ask how you got fucked up in the first place? Who beat you sweety?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hahahha my pimp powdered up the back of his hand and just swung....rick james style.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
get your photo taken

then sue the university for emotional trauma and defermation of character :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)