car audio problem (1 Viewer)

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
i got the new civic 06/07 vti-l and i put a alpine 12 inch type x subwoofer in the back and its running on a 1000 rms monoblock amp the sub is also 1000 rms 3000 peak watt but its hitting really sadly like...probably 150 rms by the sounds of it...my lights dim like shit too...ive heard a capasitor or a new battery will help also i heard i gotta get a new headdeck too which im going to do but i just dont reckon that shits gonna make it sound like the 1000 rms sub its suppose to be know wat i mean? what you guys think?:burn:

zaco872

HSC
it will depend on what size battery you have and also what options you have in your car that are draining a lot of your power.you don't really need such a big sub though becuase you can't turn it up loud for to long because it gets very annoying and also that you will get boot rattle.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
zaco872 said:
it will depend on what size battery you have and also what options you have in your car that are draining a lot of your power.you don't really need such a big sub though becuase you can't turn it up loud for to long because it gets very annoying and also that you will get boot rattle.
oh m8 that fucking boot rattle!!!! too true too true....but i am a fan of the bass

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Even my 200w sub has boot rattle lol.... it's damn annoying but I cbf to get sound deadening. As for the lights flickering- my boot light flickers a bit when I turn the sub up... but it's very minor; doesn't affect anything else... but the headlights on the Civic are naturally very weak so I switched to Crystalvision bulbs.

As for changing to aftermarket HU; what Civic you got? If just the VTi, some peeps ordered the spare parts from KAH in Singapore for around $150aud (not incl delivery- it's cash&carry) to replace the dash and use a standard double DIN HU.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
seremify007 said:
Even my 200w sub has boot rattle lol.... it's damn annoying but I cbf to get sound deadening. As for the lights flickering- my boot light flickers a bit when I turn the sub up... but it's very minor; doesn't affect anything else... but the headlights on the Civic are naturally very weak so I switched to Crystalvision bulbs.

As for changing to aftermarket HU; what Civic you got? If just the VTi, some peeps ordered the spare parts from KAH in Singapore for around $150aud (not incl delivery- it's cash&carry) to replace the dash and use a standard double DIN HU.
i got the vti-l i was thinking of getting any halogen light bulb xenon maybe?? whats KAH can u hook me up with a website to order it?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
1. I'm using the white light halogens because didn't want to change the wiring to HIDs nor potentially void the warranty of the Civic. For my bulbs I got 'em for $100; watch out for elcheapo crap at shops like Autojoy which cost half the price but last a couple of months before ****ing up (and also not that bright either).

2. KAH Motors is the official Honda importer in Singapore. I dunno how to hook you up; usually when I want stuff I go there myself or ask my cousins to arrange; but the dash piece is quite big so shipping it is a problem. Try looking on the OzHonda forums.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i have 2 12s, totalling 1000W, and when i put the volume to just over half, i dont just get boot rattle heard from INSIDE my car, but a whole body massage. cant even see anything in the rear view mirror anymore :p

but i get light dimming on the player and the boot light too, even when it is not pumped up. if your dimming lights are the headlights, then you might want to take these guy's advice. as for the sound not loud enough, have you tried bridging the wires? if you have a 1000 rms on a 4 channel then normal cabling will get you only 250rms, or that is what i always thought. if it is 2 channel, you'd get 500 and you could bridge the wiring through both channels and get the full 1000, but 4 channel might be a little harder.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
i have 2 12s, totalling 1000W, and when i put the volume to just over half, i dont just get boot rattle heard from INSIDE my car, but a whole body massage. cant even see anything in the rear view mirror anymore :p
LOL I only have 1 12" and it's a 200w subwoofer... and I get the rear window becoming a nice little blur when I turn up the sub. It's a nice resonance throughout the car, with an even nicer massage if you're sitting in the back.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
veterandoggy said:

but i get light dimming on the player and the boot light too, even when it is not pumped up. if your dimming lights are the headlights, then you might want to take these guy's advice. as for the sound not loud enough, have you tried bridging the wires? if you have a 1000 rms on a 4 channel then normal cabling will get you only 250rms, or that is what i always thought. if it is 2 channel, you'd get 500 and you could bridge the wiring through both channels and get the full 1000, but 4 channel might be a little harder.
i got a 3000 wat sub running on a monoblock amp which has the same rms

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL I only have 1 12" and it's a 200w subwoofer... and I get the rear window becoming a nice little blur when I turn up the sub. It's a nice resonance throughout the car, with an even nicer massage if you're sitting in the back.
i dont get the luxury of the back massage, because i am usually the one driving when it is cranked up. when my mum is driving you dont expect her to be cranking it do you? people used to give her dirties just because of the exhaust that i had put on it. one of the main reasons i took it off actually :D

and sasan you didnt answer my question. is the amp 1, 2 or 4 channel? if it is 1 or 2 channel, i am surprised it doesnt sound good. but if it is 4 channel, then chances are you are only channeling 750watt to that sub.

and the dimming lights are totally normal, but if it is dimming headlights then it isnt normal. you are draining 3000 watts out of the battery in punches, and it gets knocked back every swing. if you crank it up while your car is off (ie the alternator isn't charging your battery) you will have a flat battery quicker than you could say "wow, this baby really has bass!"

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
veterandoggy said:
i dont get the luxury of the back massage, because i am usually the one driving when it is cranked up. when my mum is driving you dont expect her to be cranking it do you? people used to give her dirties just because of the exhaust that i had put on it. one of the main reasons i took it off actually :D

and sasan you didnt answer my question. is the amp 1, 2 or 4 channel? if it is 1 or 2 channel, i am surprised it doesnt sound good. but if it is 4 channel, then chances are you are only channeling 750watt to that sub.

and the dimming lights are totally normal, but if it is dimming headlights then it isnt normal. you are draining 3000 watts out of the battery in punches, and it gets knocked back every swing. if you crank it up while your car is off (ie the alternator isn't charging your battery) you will have a flat battery quicker than you could say "wow, this baby really has bass!"
yeah mate its a monoblock so one channel

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
LOL use your imagination- just because you're in the back doesn't mean someone (else) is driving :p

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
well, i tried doing that before, but my sister was looking at me like "wtf?" when i left the car on and shoved her to get into the back seat lol.

1 channel and shit sound do not go well when they have 3000W near them. you stuffed SOMETHING up lol. if it was one of your mates who helped you install it then slap them around :p.

if the volume is loud without the sub being connected then you should have good bass with it connected. unless you have played with the equaliser on the CD player and made it to "pop" in which case you should slap yourself. if ti has equaliser, make it either "rock" or "classic", preferably "rock". if there is no equaliser then make the bass 16 and the treble 13 assuming range is 20(or shift accordingly depending on how your bass/trbl is measured).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
well, i tried doing that before, but my sister was looking at me like "wtf?" when i left the car on and shoved her to get into the back seat lol.
ROFLMAO good one.

if the volume is loud without the sub being connected then you should have good bass with it connected. unless you have played with the equaliser on the CD player and made it to "pop" in which case you should slap yourself. if ti has equaliser, make it either "rock" or "classic", preferably "rock". if there is no equaliser then make the bass 16 and the treble 13 assuming range is 20(or shift accordingly depending on how your bass/trbl is measured).
Interestingly enough Lifestyle tuned my system with +2 treble and -2 bass; but it sounds very good to my ears. I guess this is just something different people will have different preferences on.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
oh sorry. my bad, i looked at my post for the third time. i meant to swap the treble and bass around, so its meant to read 16 Treble and 13 Bass (or +6 and +3 for Seremify's car :p)

but in reality, or at least my player's reality, it all sounds the same till you activate the "Loud" mode. now, to put it in simple terms for those oldies with the old systems (although i have an OOOOLLLLDDDD Alpine and it has Loud) it boosts the Bass, so you could have the volume at 20 and the bass would be like you put it up to 35. heck, it is even loud at 10, but when you reach 30+ the gain is reduced. the loud function isnt fussy about the equaliser, since it knows what it is meant to do, and that is boost the bass. you get shit all without subs in the back, as i found out when i took my 12s out.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't have EQ settings on my stock HU :p I think there's just a lot of gain on my amp for the channels powering the LP.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
the loud option isnt part of the EQ, its a seperate thing.

and EQ is only for those that dont know what the trbl/bass should be, so they see pop and they think "yeah, Britney's song is pop!" and change the EQ to pop. i have the normal settings to 0 bass/trbl so that if i want to listen to something while the car is off i turn the volume down and EQ off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)