Car Audio (1 Viewer)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
If i had a car, then yes, there would be something in the way of my old thunderbird jammed into the glovebox along with a power invertor and one of those cheapy touchscreens you can grab off ebay.

If anyone's after a cheap solution then:
http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1833.htm
Plus a hard drive, plus a no-name brand screen.
For 1500 you could be scooting around with dvd's, music and pictures in your car. Go to a mates house, unplug it from your car and plug it into their TV. A portable pirates wet-dream :)

Last edited:

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
12in 400w Rockford Fosgate sub, powered by a 600w RF amp, Alpine Type S splits and 6x9's, head unit is an alpine one that plays mp3s, cost $500, but I don't recall which type exactly.

All up, around $1800 with installation into a VL calais. Bit pricey, but it'll out doof a lot of other cars with higher rated gear, and the quality is awesome ;)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
your local car audio place? lol

otherwise u culd try checking for some major brands on ebay if ur into that
Yeah i was looking for specifics bro, i know Lifestyle and Strathfield thats about all but, cause Unique are too expensive and i dont think they do audio

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Murf said:
usually i try workig the other way, if u find something u want... i.e. alpine head unit, go to alpine website, find what u want, and then click on their "where to buy" or "dealers" or whatever and find all the ones in ur local area? or thats at least wot i did last time :p

murf
Cool thanks man, ill do that for pioneer (head deck and speakers) and Rocksford Fosgate (Subs and amp)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
What would be the best system (ie what speakers and amp) to play Metal, Rock and some Rap

bong

HSC
whoah, just noticed this thread :D

guys, for car audio, go to FHRX Studios, wont regret it :uhhuh::uhhuh::uhhuh:

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
everyone seems to tell me ebay is the way to go for car audio, i've bought some stuff from ebay, never car audio though.

bong

HSC
cheap car audio is exactly that - cheap. Won't go anywhere as loud or sound anywhere as good, depending on whether its SQ or SPL that you're looking for :), then there's the installation :D

say with $500, you could get a decent headunit and splits which sound way better than stock, and any of that trash that strathfield sell

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)