Career Advice - Lawyer turnovers (1 Viewer)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i realise that many people, after graduating from law school and have worked for a few years in a large law firm, would like to start up their own practice with say, 3 or 4 other people.

my question is, what is the average turnover of these newly self-employed lawyers?

i dont really require exact figures, all i need are general ball-park figures. --> of course, things like the amount of work you put in and the type of law practice done may affect that turnover figure, so any info on newly established law firm's average turnover figures would be helpful!

thank you!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Re: Important info needed!

mmmmmmm i have. theres nothing there about income or pay or service rates at all.

i tried almost everything--> university law schools, some law firms, the College of Law, the Law Society --> nothing.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

Do a search for law firms in your area. Look at the rates charged by the smallest looking ones, if they are available. If you can't find any in your area, search for those in regional zones like Bega, etc.

The rates they charge should all be similar. Try and spot what things seem to be 'standard'; subtract a few dollars and there's your answer.

santaslayer

HSC

Every business is different, dependent on its individual circumstances. I think it's quite difficult to even generate average figures.

Where will you be located?
What law will you be focussing on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)