Carpooling/Transport (1 Viewer)

DooGseY

HSC
Raiks said:
And Doogsey, I usually take Appin Road on the way to Uni and Picton Road/Freeway on the way home. Nothing beats an empty freeway because you're travelling against traffic :D
Werd. Takes 21 minutes to get home from the Entertainment Centre at 11pm.

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
I've spoken to a few friends doing different courses, and may be carpooling with them... Although it might not work, you know, different times/dates...

Im going to uni Monday to Thursday, earliest is 9:30 lecture on tues... Most of them start around 10 or 11, so I'd be looking at leaving 8:30-9 or thereabouts... Sucks...

Gotta be careful, cos carpooling wit people could be an issue...

1) could be a psycho on the net who drive u into the forest and leaves u there
2) might finish hours earlier, meaning ppl will get pissed at having to wait

But I think the positive factors outweigh them :)

PS: I'm not a psycho ;)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Fungrys said:
I've spoken to a few friends doing different courses, and may be carpooling with them... Although it might not work, you know, different times/dates...

Im going to uni Monday to Thursday, earliest is 9:30 lecture on tues... Most of them start around 10 or 11, so I'd be looking at leaving 8:30-9 or thereabouts... Sucks...

Gotta be careful, cos carpooling wit people could be an issue...

1) could be a psycho on the net who drive u into the forest and leaves u there
2) might finish hours earlier, meaning ppl will get pissed at having to wait

But I think the positive factors outweigh them :)

PS: I'm not a psycho ;)
Hours waiting could be spent studying.

Or, before Geoff corrects me on my spelling, sleeping.

Quolnok

HSC
The time it takes to get to UoW by car largely depends on how much notice you take of the speed limit, a friend of mine claimed to have done it in only 15 minutes (from sutherland) Its definately possibly to do that distance in around 25min, I was a passenger when that was achieved.

I usually take the train.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
There's only one and it's at the bottom just before the Uni exit. Your speeding troubles are solved. Wednesday and Fridays tend to be police patrol days so don't speed as much on those days. Thursday tends to be Bulli Road/Appin Road RBT day.

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Raiks said:
There's only one and it's at the bottom just before the Uni exit. Your speeding troubles are solved. Wednesday and Fridays tend to be police patrol days so don't speed as much on those days. Thursday tends to be Bulli Road/Appin Road RBT day.
Bro the number of times I get pulled over, everyday is a patrol day.

16 and counting :/

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Do the cops normally try and get people in that 80 zone down the hill or are they spread out the whole way down there?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Fungrys said:
Bro the number of times I get pulled over, everyday is a patrol day.

16 and counting :/
16 times.... do you have a red sign saying 'please pick on me'... This is my 4th year of driving to UOW and I haven't been pulled over once. The only thing I encounter are RBT's. But that's probably because I drive a little car which never gets picked on, even though I do more than occasionally speed.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i go south and i have seen about 5 cops last year. never gotten caught though.

they all got bikes so they hide in the most annoying positions. like behind trees and bushes :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)