Carrotsticks' 2017 Mathematics Extension 2 solutions (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
Up to Q16 atm and have to do a few diagrams, so won't be too long hopefully.

If you're wondering about my opinion on the paper, I reckon it was a pretty difficult paper compared to other years actually.
I thought the paper was of medium difficulty, apart from a few questions (the conics & hyperbola + ellipse, that trick for the very last question where you had to subtract got me, q10 mc I didn't know, last part of circle geo, q16 complex numbers summing that thing in part 2 i think)

I'd guess I got around 80-85 raw. Really disappointed in myself tbh.

What do you think the e4 cut off will be?

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
was stuck on q16 (a) (ii) for ages because i insisted on trying to be clever and breaking it up into two sum of gps because the other way is 'stupid'. Turns out that was the way to go top kek (cries).
right same fml wouldn't it be great if i could trust my stupid senses more off lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
The locus question in Q11 (a) is wrong btw, so ignore that. It's basically what I have but the circle falls short of hitting the origin.

trecex1

HSC
Q1 has 8 roots doesn't it?

Also ahh are there 4 values for a in q16? I assumed a had to be positive :(

Edit: I think 11b) may be wrong? since those values are for a^2 and b^2 not a and b

Last edited:

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
Hey Carrotsticks, you reckon I would lose 1/2 marks if I got a = 1 and 1/3, but I didn't have the plus minus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)