Carry on Calculation Errors (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
In, say, a 3 mark question, say you make an error in the initial step of the calculation. If the rest of the calculation is correct according to your incorrect value, do you still get 2 marks like maths, or because of the strict marking criteria do you get 0?

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
In, say, a 3 mark question, say you make an error in the initial step of the calculation. If the rest of the calculation is correct according to your incorrect value, do you still get 2 marks like maths, or because of the strict marking criteria do you get 0?
Despite the fact that I don't do Physics (however I do Chem), i'd say the former.

dawooddaman

HSC
For my trials no I had an orbital velocity Q. worth 4 markers a) for deriving b) Q. based form deriving. I got the part a) wrong and for part b) the formula came to mind I substituted correctly and still got 0/4

But I think for HSC there abit more lenient.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
3 marks is not much to be worrying about. Wait until you get to uni where each question is 25 or 30 marks (out of a 100 in the exam).

iBibah

HSC
3 marks is not much to be worrying about. Wait until you get to uni where each question is 25 or 30 marks (out of a 100 in the exam).
Every mark should be worried about.

lemon1

HSC
Not going to do us good when we're not in uni because we kept on not worrying about 3 markers lol

RishBonjour

HSC
If you look at some marking criteria. they don't even have "3 marks for correct answer" Some 3+ calculation questions they look at your working and give you the marks if all your calculations and everything is correct.

D94

HSC
N/A
You can be awarded 0 marks if what you've done has actually made the solution easier. If you stuff up the important formula which you must use, and you somehow get an answer in a few lines, you'll probably be given 0, despite a "small" error. Sometimes you only get marks for the correct derivation of formulas, and not even your actual working out because subbing in numbers isn't exactly a highly technical skill.

ademb13

HSC
depends what you got wrong, if u got calculation correctly written but u punch it wrong into your calculator u get full marks

D94

HSC
N/A
depends what you got wrong, if u got calculation correctly written but u punch it wrong into your calculator u get full marks
No, not necessarily. If one of the criteria is correct answer, then clearly that is not the correct answer so you won't gain the marks for that point on the marking scheme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)