Cars for around $30K (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL my Dad reckons the time between Christmas and March is when sales start to slump a bit so we're aiming to go in just before the end of Feb to get a good deal hopefully.

It's amazing what a good salesman and a bad salesman can do. I'm sure the Impreza is a great car, but ... just didn't appeal to me. Even if it was the same price as the Astra, I'd still pick the Astra (better features).

On another note... man I was so annoyed when I saw an add for SP23 demo Auto driveaway for $31k but they were gone by the time we got there >< grr...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
UPDATE
In today's Drive (Sydney Morning Herald- Friday Jan 27)...

Drve said:
The release of TOyota's new Camry at the Detroit motor show this month has sparked a spate of deals on the current model, with savings of more than $9000.
Pennant Hills Toyota has the best dela on the standard 2.4-litre four-cylinder Camry Altise automatic at $25,888 drive-away. With the bonus of a free anti-lock brake and side airbag safety pack, valued at $1250, the saving is $7785.
The four-cylinder Toyota Camry Altise has dual front airbags, air-conditioning, cruise control, a CD player, power windows and mirrors.
Truscotts Toyota at Five Dock has better-equipped Altise auto limited sedans for $24,800 drive-away, a saving of $8200. Over the standard Altise the Limited model has colour-coded bumpers, anti-lock brakes as standard, 15-inch alloy wheels, a 12-volt power socket and a leather steering wheel with audio controls.
... there's other stuff but they're just talking about the history of the car and a mention of the V6 prices ($27,700 driveaway at Truscotts with saving of $9000).

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Remember guys, car salesmen (contrary to popular belief) are people too. If you are respectful, and project a generally nice disposition, you are far more likely to succeed in bartering. Make them want to help you.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2810367&current_rec=19&used_rec=57&total_rec=52&sort_type=&total_rec=52&sort_type=&price_min=25000&price_max=30000&make_id=5&state_id=2&search_distance=25

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
seremify007 said:
UPDATE
In today's Drive (Sydney Morning Herald- Friday Jan 27)...
$25,888 drive away, but thats not the LIMITED edition is it?

Drove the Honda Accord 2.4 VTi today. Must say I am dissapointed. Although, at this point I wasn't even considering the altise limited...I was just about to go for the accord when i realised the CD player doesn't do MP3, and they want $1100 to do that. I hesitated and decided to go to toyota, where they advertised altise for like $29K or something. After my dad doing lots of negotitating we got it down to $25500. In many respects, i like the feel of the camry more than the honda. The big price difference also was a major factor.

seremify: I also saw your CDX coupe and iw ould say for 31K or whatever its very dissapointing. I would rate any of the cars in my orgiinal post over this one.

Toyota camry gives Best bang for your buck in my price range (and for a car thats only a few months old). Sure it's appearance is not as classy as some of the others, but i'm after value for money.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CrashOveride said:
$25,888 drive away, but thats not the LIMITED edition is it?
Not sure... you'll have to check up on it yourself but it seems like you got a good deal already with your pricing. What I typed up earlier is quoted direct from the newspaper article.

seremify: I also saw your CDX coupe and iw ould say for 31K or whatever its very dissapointing. I would rate any of the cars in my orgiinal post over this one.

Toyota camry gives Best bang for your buck in my price range (and for a car thats only a few months old). Sure it's appearance is not as classy as some of the others, but i'm after value for money.
I'm not really looking for a car like what you're looking for (ie. family sedan)- there are much better value cars than the Astra thanks to the falling prices of cars like Camry, Mazda6, etc..., but compared to other cars in the small-car segment I thought the Astra Coupe CDX fitted me perfectly- nice look, leather interior, nice sound system, etc... sure value wise it won't compete with your cars, but compared to the other cars I was looking at (Mini Cooper CVT, Renault Megane Dynamique, BMW 118i Auto, Mercedes A160 Auto, Mazda3 SP23 Auto, Subaru Impreza 2.0R Auto, Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Auto) it was a good deal which fit my uni/work needs.

Anyhow, good work on finding a car which you like. I'm guessing you're going to take advantage of the cheap pricing on 2005 compliance plate/builds before the new Camry comes out?

HSC
seremify007 said:
.... but compared to the other cars I was looking at (Mini Cooper CVT, Renault Megane Dynamique, BMW 118i Auto, Mercedes A160 Auto, Mazda3 SP23 Auto, Subaru Impreza 2.0R Auto, Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Auto) it was a good deal which fit my uni/work needs. ....

the other cars didnt fit into your uni/work needs? :confused:

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Mazda 6- I'm surprised you didn't check this car out. It's a direct rival to the Honda Accord and is a bit more fun to drive. The Classic model is price matched to the Accord and whilst it isn't as luxurious, it's a little more sporty- iirc it also has a manual override for the automatic transmission (the Honda doesn't have this). Note: This car uses PULP!.. which could be a problem if you drive the car a lot despite the fuel economy being average.
*SIGH*!!!

for your $30k you could of gotten a VW Polo Gti! 1.8L turbocharged, 110kw and 0-100km/hr in like, just over 8 secs.. for $27k.. but i guess that's just the car lol

but that's only if you got your Ps before the prohibited vehicle list came out

and i dont like the Mazda 6.. i was checking this car out and comparing it to the Accord Euro.. and the classic 6's interior is so cheap. it's like.. recycled crap or something.. besides, it's over his budget.. especially if he's going for auto

CieL

HSC
CrashOveride said:
Drove the Honda Accord 2.4 VTi today. Must say I am dissapointed...
what were you disappointed in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)