Cars over 250k (1 Viewer)

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
What would you buy if you had 300k. I just think my fren was stupid for buying an new M6 convertible for almost 300k for her 19th, note that this in HK tho.

I used to never look at that price range. But now if i had her money, i'd get a carrera gt, or an nsx, and tune the nsx.

what would you buy if you had that money?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't spend $300k on a car. We've had rolls-royces and I never really saw the need for them especially with like a $700k+ price tag.

I'm sure when I start feeling old I'll spoil myself with an expensive sports car though:p

Last edited:

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
You need a pricing car in HK. Shes 19 and takes care of some of her parents buinesses, such as buying goods, so she has to arrive properly. If she turns up in a camry, her status is already lowered. Thats the way things are. It wasn't really her choice to get such an expensive car, but her parents wanted to buy her it for her bday. She is into cars tho and its a manual. I think its stylish for her to drive the m6, but it would be way more stylish if she drove an nsx. But nsx's just don't cut it for buiness meets. lol.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
you dont see the need until you are at that social status. its just how it is.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
williamycai said:
you dont see the need until you are at that social status. its just how it is.
Coming from a family with cars worth more than the average house would show I'm acquainted with 'upper social status' but in Australia it isn't seen as the most important thing in the world to have a car 15 times more expensive than an expensive luxury car (re: the rolls rocyes).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeh, Audi R8 or a 997 911 Turbo. You can't get a Carrera GT for 300K. If it was unlimited: 599 GTB Fiorano.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
williamycai said:
You need a pricing car in HK. Shes 19 and takes care of some of her parents buinesses, such as buying goods, so she has to arrive properly. If she turns up in a camry, her status is already lowered. Thats the way things are. It wasn't really her choice to get such an expensive car, but her parents wanted to buy her it for her bday. She is into cars tho and its a manual. I think its stylish for her to drive the m6, but it would be way more stylish if she drove an nsx. But nsx's just don't cut it for buiness meets. lol.
Agreed. It's the same for alot of Asian countries when it comes to image when doing business.

M6 is a pretty nice car but I think considering the context of the scenario, I'd be happy with a 760.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The car from Ferris Bueller. 1961 Ferrari GT California. Only 55 were ever made, they're worth $2.5 millon each. OOOH YEEAAH.

Heh but if the limit was 300k, prolly some sort of old Jaguar.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
wow there are some unique tastes here, but not the r8. its abit common for the average joe dream car now. and gt2's look better than gt3 in my opinion. How come i don't see older cars, such as a datsun 300z. it'd be nice to tune that up with 250k worth of equipment.
edit: AND THAT BENZ IS SEXY! almost as nice as the mclaren benz slr.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
williamycai said:
edit: AND THAT BENZ IS SEXY! almost as nice as the mclaren benz slr.
i should just hookup with your rich friend and take her car. ROFL.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
mr_brightside said:
saw one of these going up the F1 on Sunday.

In red.

HOT.
I saw a black one running down st hilliers yesterday. He was doing like 160. It was awesome.

CieL

HSC
Damn almost sounds like I was the only one missing out on R8 action on Sunday.
I'm yet to see one in Australia.

I reckon the R8 still shits on the CLK63 AMG in terms of styling and unique factor.
I'm starting to get confused which [Benz] model is which because they seem to all look the same now. Especially from the front.
Performance they're neck to neck.
But hey, the R8 is close to driving a Lambo..................................... but not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)