Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

green heaven

HSC
ah it all good just nobody seems to drive minis about anymore, yer its not so much the parts its the fact that there older cares, which equals lots of repairs, ud probarly better gettin a charade, baleno, swift, civic or a barina, im kinda wished i did but i grew to love my purple beast, even it if does make funny noises...yer depends also how much ull use the car n ur finacial status which always comes into context with fuel, repairs,servicing, rego and insurance.
do a bit of car shopping, set out a budget for how much u wanna spend fro the car and deduct the cost of rego n insurance, id go for the opt of buying a smaller car, an always check for fuel effeciency cause as i said it comes into ur finacial status.
set out a budget to for ur weekly income n ur expenditures, i think those r the correct terms n place fuel down as n expenditure n see how it works out.

timmayb

hey all
by reading what kinda cars u guys drive i'm taking it u all live in the citys, wel i'm from rural n.s.w, my driveway is 15km long and has 3 creek crossings which can get pretty boggy, i'm on my greens and drive a nissan partol (ute) has custom exhause, twin stacks build up behind cap, 16inch bfgoodrich mud diggers, custom tray, me n my bro build it at home, 4.2litre turbo diesel, and a massive bullbar for all the roo's at home. custom mudflaps and flairs too.
howz that on ya city cars aye!!!..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
timmayb said:
hey all
by reading what kinda cars u guys drive i'm taking it u all live in the citys, wel i'm from rural n.s.w, my driveway is 15km long and has 3 creek crossings which can get pretty boggy, i'm on my greens and drive a nissan partol (ute) has custom exhause, twin stacks build up behind cap, 16inch bfgoodrich mud diggers, custom tray, me n my bro build it at home, 4.2litre turbo diesel, and a massive bullbar for all the roo's at home. custom mudflaps and flairs too.
howz that on ya city cars aye!!!..
Thats one cool car!!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
This may sound really cliche...
but id really love a wrx.. ive been infatuated with them since i was 13...
However, back then they werent modified by the "fully sik" people that exist today *cringe*

They were such a nice japanese pocket rocket in those days...

So i may get an MR2 instead.. who knows.. :(
Its not like ill be able to save for one whilst @ Uni..

krmak

HSC
V8's are a waste of petrol and displacement i rekon. Why the hell do u need a 5.0litre car when u can get better performance and consumption from a jap rocket.
I beat most of the older v8's in my 95 Supra (and its even Naturally Aspirated), 3.0 litre 6. I can only imagine wat the twin turbo can do to em.

Even some good 4's like rexy STI r better than v8's, waste of fuel v8's are. Try implementing some clever engineering into cars rather then going for pure size.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
krmak said:
V8's are a waste of petrol and displacement i rekon. Why the hell do u need a 5.0litre car when u can get better performance and consumption from a jap rocket.
I beat most of the older v8's in my 95 Supra (and its even Naturally Aspirated), 3.0 litre 6. I can only imagine wat the twin turbo can do to em.

Even some good 4's like rexy STI r better than v8's, waste of fuel v8's are. Try implementing some clever engineering into cars rather then going for pure size.

You know as far as fuel consumption goes it is highly relevant to performance, ie performance = fuel usage.

And while I quite dislike pushrod-V8 rubish based on 60's technology, I highly doubt an NA Supra could beat even old V8 commodores/falcons.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Liberty GT will reign over the T5's features anyday...think of this it looks better...it's faster....it's all wheel drive...interior isn't bad...(the T5 is actually quite weird inside..not a good "drivers" position..) and guess what...the GT beat the T5 in the crash test...enough said on which one is better...

If you want a volvo so that you can have a "european" car to attract chics...volvos shows girls you are a conserved little boy who's no fun...get a beemer or an audi...it's the only two brands most girls knows...

btw is this car for you or for your dad...cause you could get a nice zed for that price...

Bone577

HSC
N/A
SipSip said:
Liberty GT will reign over the T5's features anyday...think of this it looks better...it's faster....it's all wheel drive...interior isn't bad...(the T5 is actually quite weird inside..not a good "drivers" position..) and guess what...the GT beat the T5 in the crash test...enough said on which one is better...

If you want a volvo so that you can have a "european" car to attract chics...volvos shows girls you are a conserved little boy who's no fun...get a beemer or an audi...it's the only two brands most girls knows...

btw is this car for you or for your dad...cause you could get a nice zed for that price...

Saying a the T5 has the sex-factor is a joke.

But I would still take the Volvo. There is somethng very cool about having a Volvo.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Bone577 said:
Saying a the T5 has the sex-factor is a joke.

But I would still take the Volvo. There is somethng very cool about having a Volvo.
I had the T4 as my first car...isn't really what you would call a cool car to have...

I would prefer the liberty though...something about the fact that it is more interesting to drive...tried both of them earlier and subaru knows what they're doing in terms of driving experience...the volvo still lacks handling although it has been improved from previous models

ANCAP test of the volvo T5 compared to liberty shows that liberty won...although just by a little bit...let's just say they're both safe cars...

as for xenon and all that...i think liberty has it too...not sure really...

volvo gives people the feel you're driving european...but i would prefer it if i was working now...and not in uni...cause volvo does kinda make you feel old...liberty to me makes you feel like a modest wrx driver ^^

No denying this but...i think they're both value for money cars...although if it's for me, i wouldn't buy either...i would probably go for a liberty 3.0R-B....less lag...no turbo...means less insurance...and they put 18inch on them...

Bone577

HSC
N/A
I think you missed my point.

Volvo is cool in a "hey I drive in a car brand known for being incredibly boring which is preferred by realy old men and whos main claim to fame is being safe and very Swedish" kinda way, you know anti-conformist and all that other crap.

Cool in a not-cool kinda way. Not in a Euro-saloon kinda way.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
LOL bone. I gotta agree. Even volvo has realised (the 'be a bloody volvo driver' ads for example!)

Volvos must never become hip, or the world will implode. Seriously. If I ever see a volvo in an accident with more than a bunch of scratches I'll roll over and die :p (just kidding).

lengstar

HSC
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII or WRX STi ( or whatever its called )?

choc-chip

HSC
getting an echo
dreaming a mini cooper
beging 4 a chrysler pt cuiser*black limited* (ani1 know it, itz a mad one)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)