"case modding" (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Ive only gone as far as putting a "L" shaped window on my box, and getting those thermaltake superLED cpu coolers. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i disagree with the opinion of the article... ok, so some people go to extremes to do up their comp, much alike people who put bolt-ons onto their hyundai excel... but three things: one, it is indicative of their obsession with improving the performance to match something twice as expensive; two, overclocking does shorten usage life but it's not like you're gonna use current computer hardware for more than 3 yrs; three, it is a testament to their dedication and pursuit of a hobby.

so who is this idiot to criticise? besides, if it wasn't for overclockers and case-modders we'd all still be using Pentium's in ugly beige boxes.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Frigid said:
i disagree with the opinion of the article... ok, so some people go to extremes to do up their comp, much alike people who put bolt-ons onto their hyundai excel... but three things: one, it is indicative of their obsession with improving the performance to match something twice as expensive; two, overclocking does shorten usage life but it's not like you're gonna use current computer hardware for more than 3 yrs; three, it is a testament to their dedication and pursuit of a hobby.

so who is this idiot to criticise? besides, if it wasn't for overclockers and case-modders we'd all still be using Pentium's in ugly beige boxes.
Do realise all articles that show up in the fyi column are meant to ridicule the topic.

sunny

meh.
HSC
monaro-man said:
mate I dont suppouse you are an OCAU member, are ya?
No. I'm not interested in overclocking or anything of the sort.

I scanned the article from a copy Good Weekend after I bought it over the weekend in the paper.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
meh some people can do some creative shit with their old pc's, like making an arcade machine from a 266, and super creative stuff like that only starts from stupid shit like perspex windows.

overclocking btw...is stupid these days, and dead too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)