Case studies (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Are you guys learning your globalisation case study for a possible essay?

I really cbf so I dont think I will

mathslover

HSC
i think i mite :(

do we really need to know government strategies to promote eco gr and eco development?

Zrap

glock9
HSC
I think the global economy might be in it cause of recent issues involving globalisation at the start of the year,
another possible one i think would involve the BOP
i really dont know aye. Apparently you should have a case study on deregulation which might pop up

donetha

HSC
I am not planning on doing it. Learnt it nearly a year ago in term 4. Cant be bothered reliving it. It would only come up in an essay, and you can opt not to answer it

Garygaz

HSC
If it comes up, I'm going to answer the other extended response.

lionking1191

HSC
Garygaz said:
If it comes up, I'm going to answer the other extended response.
so am i

our teacher said they might make it compulsory - but i doubt it coz they hardly ever make a change, especially structural-wise unless there's a good reason for it.

that said it could be in short answers

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Plus.. they had an essay on it last year, so if figure, they dont normally have the same essay questions 2 years in a row.

Or if they do, hopefully it will be on "Australia or any other economy", and then I can just do it on Australia

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Or if they do, hopefully it will be on "Australia or any other economy", and then I can just do it on Australia
pretty sure they amended the syllabus so that you cannot do it on australia in either 2006 or 2007.

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
lolcal said:
pretty sure they amended the syllabus so that you cannot do it on australia in either 2006 or 2007.
what??! do you mean that they will never ask about the impact of globalisation on the australian economy?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Yeah more often than not they'll probably ask you to refer to a country that has been affected by globalisation and how and blah blah. It's a probable question. But it's usually an OPTION question, so you can opt for the other question if you're not comfortable answering the impact of globalistion on a county's whatever.

I did Poland. I'll read over my essay about it.

Last edited:

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I probably won't revise my case study...

I think Topic 1 (this case study inclusive) is absolute bullshit compared to the other topics. The whole 'globalisation' topic is just common sense, what makes it so tedious is the statistics regarding just how much trade has increased and the effect this has had on the economy.

Shit economy + infrastructure + capitalism + FDI + deregulation = sunshine and bunny rabbits and economic prosperity.

Blah, blah, blah. The course would be so much better if they scrapped the case study...maybe even all of Topic 1 for that matter - and replaced it with some better, hardcore ex-3U Economics topics from back in the day.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
nandayo said:
I think Topic 1 (this case study inclusive) is absolute bullshit compared to the other topics. The whole 'globalisation' topic is just common sense, what makes it so tedious is the statistics regarding just how much trade has increased and the effect this has had on the economy.

Shit economy + infrastructure + capitalism + FDI + deregulation = sunshine and bunny rabbits and economic prosperity.

Blah, blah, blah. The course would be so much better if they scrapped the case study...maybe even all of Topic 1 for that matter - and replaced it with some better, hardcore ex-3U Economics topics from back in the day.
+1

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
Without Wings said:
I think you are referring to this amendment which was in regards to the wording to ensure it was clear that a case study other than Australia was compulsory from 2007 onwards.
do you know the answer to my question without wings?
is it necessary for me to prepare a possible essay question on the effects of globalisation on the performance of the aus economy, or would I be set learning a case study

michael1990

HSC
joker252 said:
no. i am 98% sure there will be no essays on the globalisation topic.
Is one of your parents a Test Maker for Economics? (HSC)
Wait, they can't be. So its all based on guess work.

Smeegen999

HSC
midifile said:
Are you guys learning your globalisation case study for a possible essay?

I really cbf so I dont think I will
may come up in a short answer qs

omgitskj

HSC
My teacher, (Head HSC Economics marker) Mr. Gippel says that it will most likely come up, it's also my school's first internal assessment. sooo yeaah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)