• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CASE STUDIES (2 Viewers)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Is it okay to just make up case studies? Given that you only need them for one essay and potentially a short answer if it specifies. I feel like it's a lot to memorise case studies for each syllabus dot point if you are only going to need a few. I feel like if I know the content, and understand it, it shouldn't be too hard to make up some realistic case studies on the spot.

Has anyone who has done business studies, done this?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Obviously I haven't sat my HSC, but I think my insight might help.

For my Year 11 exams, I made up all of my case studies and I got 19/20 (lost a mark due to no statistics being incorporated).

Most people will tell you that it's fine to make up case studies and that's true.

However, if you do make up case studies, they need to be believable. All businesses have their positives and their negatives, so you can't create a business that has profit of $1 trillion. Similarly, you can't say that a business made 1 million employees redundant.

As long as you make the case studies realistic, including statistics, and manipulate it to demonstrate that you know your stuff, you should be fine :)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Obviously I haven't sat my HSC, but I think my insight might help.

For my Year 11 exams, I made up all of my case studies and I got 19/20 (lost a mark due to no statistics being incorporated).

Most people will tell you that it's fine to make up case studies and that's true.

However, if you do make up case studies, they need to be believable. All businesses have their positives and their negatives, so you can't create a business that has profit of $1 trillion. Similarly, you can't say that a business made 1 million employees redundant.

As long as you make the case studies realistic, including statistics, and manipulate it to demonstrate that you know your stuff, you should be fine :)
THSNK U

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Is it okay to just make up case studies? Given that you only need them for one essay and potentially a short answer if it specifies. I feel like it's a lot to memorise case studies for each syllabus dot point if you are only going to need a few. I feel like if I know the content, and understand it, it shouldn't be too hard to make up some realistic case studies on the spot.

Has anyone who has done business studies, done this?
i think i made up mine in my essay from t1 and i got rank 1 LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)