Case Studies (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I am reading the Business Studies syllabus and it says we need to do case studies. What exactly does it mean??? What topics do I need to do it for? How many of them do I need? THis is REALLY CONFUSING ME!
I am thinking of picking QANTAS, and Westfield Mall.

Pls Help!

PSsylockE

i think u have to know three case studies
one for marketing
one for ER
and one for global

PSsylockE

heh only three that aint bad :rolleyes:

anyways BS aint too hard, just gotta know ur shit!

ben

I was surprised to see in last year's exam you needed to know your marketing/global case study sooo well for the last section!

I'm a bit worried because i don't know any case studies

ben

well we get the odd photocopy from BNW - couldn't call them 'case studies' though

Striker

Originally posted by PSsylockE
i think u have to know three case studies
one for marketing
one for ER
and one for global
ummm.. actually you need to know a major case study or company profile for topic 5: global business, in relation to the other topics, for the hsc exam.

it also states in the syllabus:
"use existing case studies to investigate and communicate ideas and issues related to business management and change/ financial planning and management/ marketing/ employment relations/ global business. ..."
so i guess you should be using case studies just to interpret and analyse the information in the topics to understand it further. i don't think these minor case studies will be used in the hsc exam.

chuga

hmmm, well....

i dont think that u have to know so many case studies. u jus need one for the last topic, global business, cause we have only done one so far, and might have to do one for marketing, prolly have to do a marketing plan as the assessment. i think that u can only be tested on the one in topic 5. we did one on hsbc and i was happy with my mark.;)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its good to know a few case studies prior to the exam. cause u might find that one doesnt particularly suit a question compared to another. for last years hsc i had about 3 case studies that i confidently had a rough idea about.

Dude

HSC
Does anyone know where 2 get case studies from on the internet. Do you really think a 'Bus mngmnt and chng' and 'Fin mngmnt' case study is necessary?????

:confused:

Striker

like i mentioned before, you only need to know 1 main case study for topic 5. the other case studies mentioned in the syllabus are just to be used as a guide so that you can further understand the information in the topic.

but i would suggest that for your 1 main case study for topic 5, you should gather information in relation to the other four topics just incase you required the information!

ben

Originally posted by Striker
but i would suggest that for your 1 main case study for topic 5, you should gather information in relation to the other four topics just incase you required the information!
that's true, because last year you needed to know the marketing strategies of your global case study for the last section (i think)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
I'm from Manly Selective Campus, and our class is doing Qantas as a case study.

Covers everything; marketing, employment relations, etc..

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Qantas is a good case study coz there's this booklet which covers all 4 topics. I think a lot of schools would probably be using Qantas because it's a case study you can buy.

vik

oh cool...

does anyone know wherei could get a copy of this QANTAS case study??

thanz..

Iceman

hmm..
yeah, apparently the Qantus Case study is pretty good. The teachers at my school said so too :)

But does anyone know where we could get it online? Or can anyone scan it for us? Because I really don't want to buy it for $30 or so.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
VIK:
Our teacher gets it form Tim Riely Publications. The Qantas Case Study is basically a book - it has different chapters relating to different aspects eg Chapter 5 is employment Relations.

They cost around $30 each, but if you buy more than 10 copies, the price drops down to $15. Ask you teacher if she/he knows about it.

jenster

yeah i'm doing QANTAS too. i got the booklet from my school. it covers all topics and you need it to give specific examples in your exam. it is showing how the theory we have learnt, is put into practice in a business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)