Case Studies (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone has relevant case studies for all of the hsc business studies topics.........

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
The two ones that my teacher gave me that are pretty good are Qantas and Amcor and some other one about buildings :confused:

Didn't your teacher supply you with any?

Kutay

University
HSC
yeh they just mentioned them but really on one or two topics but not for all yet... just wondering what were the best easiet ones to remember

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I'm using Billabong, Harvey Norman and Qantas.
If I was you, I would keep on your teacher's back to get case studies for every topic!

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
I'm using Billabong, Harvey Norman and Qantas.
If I was you, I would keep on your teacher's back to get case studies for every topic!
I was thinking of Billabong. Is it a good one?

I'd like to have 3 case-studies so I'm well prepared and can write a hell of alot

shonopono

Is it necessary to relate to a case studies in you reports and essays?
I usually just BS on about the actual stuff in the syllabus.

shonopono

just had a look at some past papers and it seems all the last questions involve a case study!!
this means im pretty screwed coz i dont have any and my trials are 2MORO!!!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I was thinking of Billabong. Is it a good one?
Yeah, Billabong is really good.

I'd like to have 3 case-studies so I'm well prepared and can write a hell of alot
The reason I think it is important to have a few is that different case studies are more relevant to different dot points in the syllabus. While I just said Billabong is good, its not good for everything. Therefore, having other case studies for different issues it best.

Is it necessary to relate to a case studies in you reports and essays?
No, not in the Business Report, only the last extended response.

just had a look at some past papers and it seems all the last questions involve a case study!!
That is the trend, isn't it? :p
You MUST (as stated in the rubric) use a case study/studies comprehensively in the last extended response.

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Speaking of business case studies, does anyone have anything for the Legal and Ethical Issues in the Financial Planning and Management topic?

pagey05

Hey just wondering if anyone has the set of the Leading Edge case studies of Billabong?Our school doesn't get them and was wondering if anyone would be able to scan their's and post them in this forum. Much appreciated if you do.

v sia

HSC
My teacher hasnt supplied jack all ..... and the worste part is he didnt mention anything about case studies before the Trials ....

I lost 9 marks or so for not including one .

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
With case studies dont just confine yourself to just one.

The question will cover 2-3 particular topics and you'll find that a single case study may not sufficently of effectively cover a particular part of the question in enough detail.

The markers notes each year consistently say that better responses made use of a variety of case studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)