Case Study Advice (1 Viewer)

acevipa

HSC
Our teacher has basically told us we need to know several case studies if we want to attain high marks in the Business Studies HSC. I've just taken a look at the Case Studies thread and am considering doing Qantas.

Does anyone have any advice on which case study to do or which one has more information relevant to the course topics. Is there any particular company that you could pretty much incorporate into any response or business report.

I am aiming for the high 90s for my business studies HSC, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

nomese23

HSC
I would not do Qantas because while i was doing the HSC i asked many people (teachers and HSC study lectures) if it was a good idea doing Qantas and they said doing a business a little left field will act in your favour because the marker would not know it inside out (like Qantas)..
I did RipCurl, it was good for Global, Business Management and Change, Marketing, you could also look into the Crowne Plaza, that's also good for business management and change, marketing and employment relations. Try and think of a business that is interesting, so it's easy to remember, and isn't really mainstream..

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Have a look in your local library. My library had a Harvey Norman case study book coverig the whole syllabus, which was awesome. But I think its best to have a couple of business in the back of your head too. Look at the Sykes textbook if you can, they have small paragraphs littered throughout in boxes.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I would advice to use Holden/HSBC/Flight Centre. The three case studies combine the three large areas industrial/finance/retail (service). I would pay special attention to HSBC, the global fianancial crisis gives some great info for various syllabus points.

benn07

HSC
You get to choose your case study? Our teacher pretty much said we have to do Qantas - in fact she's already ordered the books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)