CASE STUDY- Argentina (1 Viewer)

untitled....

HSC
:cold: Hey guys.
I'm having quite a bit of trouble with my case study on Argentina. I can find quite a few facts regarding what I have to do, but how are we supposed to talk about the impact of globalisation alongside it. How can i relate quality of life to globalisation?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
try some of these sites for more stats (if you haven't already):

Argentina Statistics

UNICEF - Argentina - Statistics (this one is great for quality of life indicators)

NationMaster - Statistics on Argentina. facts and figures, stats and information on Argentine economy, crime, people, government, health and education. 4 maps and 234 flags

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/arg_aag.pdf

the way you use the data alongside the impact is to talk about the impact, and then use the data to show the difference, ie do a before and after thing.

quality of life - globalisation can often increase national income, material standards of living improve, and hence people can gain a better quality of life. However, theres also decreases in the quality of life eg environmental damage via pollution, etc. Find what is relevant to your case study and use that.

Good luck =)

Bainesy

HSC
Just do China, its so easy that its hard not to ace it.

you can also do searches for china and find some really neat pages with stacks of info about the Chinese economy and its policies. the same site should also have detailed info on ARG if your heart is set on it.

gnrlies

HSC
Usually the better economies to do will have some kind of economic change (usually an improvement) resulting from policy changes that integrate it into the global economy.

I dont know much about argentina but you have to find these policy changes, and relate them to globalisation. Then you can talk about how this has impacted the economy.

untitled....

HSC
unfortunately, we can't do china as there's a very detailed case study in the text book
appreciate all your help though!

Bainesy

HSC
untitled.... said:
unfortunately, we can't do china as there's a very detailed case study in the text book
appreciate all your help though!
thats not a reason not to do china, its a reason to do china.

if its all the textbook then there you go. just know that information, do some of your own research so that you can write a good amount in an essay and your done.

you shouldnt be forced to do argentina and risk a poor mark in the hsc when you can easily be getting 15+/20 in an essay with china

untitled....

HSC
ive decided to do poland- there's quite a bit of info and i have a textbook (diff. from the skool one) that i can use as a guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)