case study confusion (1 Viewer)

Doylie

No, i didn't see that in the syllabus. But that's very odd because i've been doing practice papers (both last years and this years) and i have had questions ask for case studies in relation to effective ER, not just industrial disputes or managing change.. Go figure...

ben

Originally posted by Doylie
No, i didn't see that in the syllabus. But that's very odd because i've been doing practice papers (both last years and this years) and i have had questions ask for case studies in relation to effective ER, not just industrial disputes or managing change.. Go figure...
yeah i know, it's stupid

Porphyria_J

for case studies, we have one for everything

and i wouldnt learn for only global business, as it usually goes with exams, the examiners tend to not do the one like last year as if so, it means that then everyone will think its a trend. Like The english, they did an essay last year, and so everyone knows that the essay is not going to be the 'trend' or predetermined, they stuffed most of us up with a feature article.

besides, my teacher says the "HOT TIP" going around the HSC advice line is that it will be on Employment Relations

I dont know, but our grade did a whole big assessment on industrial action, and for effective emloyment relations, you can use anything. Use the local barber who make something up like *Season Fruit and vegetable shop* and crap on through comparing and contrasting

Business is tommorow...la la la la la

bex

HSC
Qantas is a really great case study to learn because it incorporates all 5 topics in both international and domestic terms. The question usually starts 'With reference to a business you have studied....'

I dont understand how people with a different case study for each topic can incoporate different topics into one response if they didnt do different topics for the one business? Does that make sense? ok eg:

With reference to a business you have studied, analyse the elements of its marketing plan and the effectiveness to which it responds to change. How do you approach this if you have a diff CS for mngment and change and marketing?

Porphyria_J

Originally posted by bex

I dont understand how people with a different case study for each topic can incoporate different topics into one response if they didnt do different topics for the one business? Does that make sense?
LoL...no idea, just hope that the art of bullshitting is still considered an 'art' and that the examiner has never heard of the case study, and that you yourself can go and get angry at your teachers who have failed you on that....

roo

HSC
can we make up a hypothetical case study?? i've got the qantas case study, just that the whole bloody state is doing it so i cant bullshit about it if i forget.. if only our teacher who wrote it kept it to our school!! hehe.. ok thats selfish, i know i know.. :p

my friend bullshitted about nike last year and she ended up with 94 in business studies. hoping to pull off some sort of "art" in the case study question.. ;)

ben

hmmm...

well i did question 29 with my hypothetical global case study - didn't even need to talk about other case studies since it was basically on one topic. actually i didn't really talk about anything in mine anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)