CASE study help (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hey i need some help with the case study

our teacher didn't go through any of it with us just gave us a load of sheets

so i'm not sure what to actually do with all the data.

how do i structure it?

i know the relevant dot points and i dont see...how to...pft. i'm confused.

especially in essay terms i dnno how to put it together.....

and i also am unsure of just what kinda info i need. help?

williamc

HSC
Well firstly you need a select a relevant country. China and Brazil are my personal choices.

Basically what you are doing is anlysing the country before it gave into the essence of globalisation and then after (deregulation, floating of dollar, opening up to trade etc) and the subsquent impacts this had on the economy.

You do both the positives (higher incomes, higher quality of life, greater gov spending no education, infrasturture etc), less poverty) and negatives (enviro abolision, exchange rate volality and the economic effects these have)

You also have to make sure you answer the question.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
alright so i need knowledge of

- it's economy prior to globalisation

- how it gave in to globalisation (i'm guessing these are the "development strategies" it used to open its economy?)

and then the impacts of that on various sectors of the economy?

from what you've done would you say that the textbook information is not enough? that you need some additional info?

so far i've been researching but i'd like to know if i should not bother and just stick to the textbook.

edit: oh right so it's kinda split into "prior to globalisation" "response to globalisation - ie how it opened everything up, deregulated etc -" and "impacts of globalisation" ?

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
edit: oh right so it's kinda split into "prior to globalisation" "response to globalisation - ie how it opened everything up, deregulated etc -" and "impacts of globalisation" ?
Yep.

Well if you do china or something id say youd have to do it really well as a fair few people will do it. China would be good as you could put a bit of personal opinon into it, by complaining about how they are cheating the system with their fixed exchange rate. So if you use china def. need more information than the textbook. If you have a leading edge textbook i think it does brazil well enough.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
alrigh, awesome. i'll go brazil and do a lil bit more to it.

cheers :)

oh wait...where do the syllabus dotpoints come into it then?

like 'int'l convergence, financial markets international business cycle" ---> how are they "impacts" of globalisation....aren't they more like..aspects of the process of globalisation?!

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
alrigh, awesome. i'll go brazil and do a lil bit more to it.

cheers :)

oh wait...where do the syllabus dotpoints come into it then?

like 'int'l convergence, financial markets international business cycle" ---> how are they "impacts" of globalisation....aren't they more like..aspects of the process of globalisation?!
Yer they are aspects of globalisation, but they have impacts. Impacts are explained if you read carefully.

ridiculous

HSC
my teacher didn't go through the case study of it either. i haven't even started it - i dont know what to write about!
i also think lots of people are doing Brazil.

Ozza

HSC
Sorry to necromance the thread here, but I think a personal favourite of extended responses can also often be explaining how globalisation has impacted on the living standards of anotehr country... so it helps to learn that too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)