• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Case Study: Historicity Of Jesus Christ (1 Viewer)

Jezapbo

HSC
Anyone else in here (aside from other members in my class) do this subject? What key areas of debate are you using for your case study trials?

Last edited:

Jezapbo

HSC
I know man, coz all i get is other members of my class's info, which i *should* already have myself :p How'd u find the trial btw guys?

But surely we aint the only ones doing Jesus.

trekkie

HSC
Yeah we're doing the historicity of jesus as well, lol my teachers like a trained theologist so he knows where to make us look for info, or tells us the stuff straight out, so he knows what hes on about. Anyone care for a note exchange?

Last edited:

<<lauren>>

our class is doing jesus as our case study too, but i get so confused when i get into the exams, i can never answer the questions - i tried doing a virgin birth/prophesy fulfillment debate and a radical/feminist debate in the catholic trials, but it didnt work and i think i answered the question completely wrong - i didnt have a clue about the background of most of my historians, and i'd only memorised single quotes, not slabs of biographical info. How did u both go in the trials - did u do the catholic paper too?

trekkie

HSC
I think i went well in the trials, i think we did a catholic paper, although im not sure, if the article you did for section one was by Dirk Moses then yes i did the same one.
The debates that i did were the standard messiah Vs run of the mill Galilean prophet, and i threw in a historian who believed that he wasnt the messiah but was a man trying to institute a massive social change, lol i used Barbara Thiering to support the standard Galilean prophet idea, big mistake, got all turned around there, was funny though!

Captain Sarah

I thought no one studied the jesus case study. Singleton High has the non historicity of jesus aspect to study.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
hahaha...thiering is cool :p

so is vermes

jebus was such a racist and violent radical :p

trekkie

HSC
Thiering is a bloody whacko!, she misuses the concept of the pesher to support her whacked theory, and everyone one of her ideas is built on that many presuppositions that it isnt funny, lol but depite that i still intend to use her in some way in the exam, might be a wake up for me, lol and for the markers!

<<lauren>>

if u dont mind me asking, what on earth is the non-historicity of jesus?

i totally screwed up the trial paper - didnt even get over half way in the case study question, but i did really well in the first section (shows where my lack of sleep and study caught up on me!!)

in section one the source was from beverley southgate, in my paper. dont think we did the same one.

i like the messiah debate, i think i might try use it next time instead of the virgin birth one. i get too confused. ill have to look up thiering - is it worth it? what did she write?

and of all things, i forgot to use mel gibson as a historian for a suffering servant/non violent radical approach....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)