Case Study: Mexico City - HELP!! (1 Viewer)

pink_esky

:confused: Hi everyone. My name is rach, and i'm new to this site. I really like how everyone helps one another get through the worst year of our lives. I was wondering if anyone can please help me with information on Mexico City. We're doing it in Geography as part of Urban Places and I have absolutely no clue as to where to start.

These are my headings, and I would be really excited if anyone could help!!
a. Location of the city
b. Physical setting
c. Size and rate of growth
d. Social and Spatial inequalities experienced by the cities population
e. Challenges faced by those living in Mexico City
f. Responses to the challenges in Mexico City
g. Effectiveness of responses to the challenges faced by those living in Mexico City.

To anyone who can help, please do so!! I really have got no clue and am finding it hard to research.

Thanks everyone!! :D

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Look in the textbook Global interactions 2, they have 4 or 5 pages on Mexico city as a mega city, it will help alot.

pink_esky

Who is Global Interactions 2 written by? I dont have the book, so i'll have to try and locate it.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
its the Heinamann textbook, written by Grant Kleeman. for some crazy reason i think your teacher is setting your homework/assignment/whatever it is from this book ;)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
what text book do you use for geography??
the destinctive features about mexico city that i remember are:
- the city itself located in a closed mountain valey(air pollution is a greatest challenge)
-mexico city is the most polluted city in the world, because of its location and high population ( i think around 20mil)
- there is many health problems do to polluted air, high % of habitants have astma, mental problems. about 100.000 deaths.
- great difference between development and social classes, -there is areas of very rich people and areas of severe poverty, like in many other mega cities in the world.
-responces to the challenges (air pollution, hight pop, growth)
discontinued production of (green taxis) highes pollutants of air.
- petrol prices increased by 50% so many people would use public transport.
-production of leaded petrol and public transport.
ths about it that i remember about mexico.
go to your local library and borrow video about mexico city( it should mention these problems) or ask you teacher

pink_esky

our prescribed text book is macmillan senior geography 2. My teacher has a tendency to take our assessments and topic test from the excel book, so i wouldnt be surprised if she also took our homework from heinamann. Thanks for your help!

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by pink_esky
Who is Global Interactions 2 written by? I dont have the book, so i'll have to try and locate it.
The State Library should/might have a copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)