Case Study Q's! (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
hey guys,

i've hit some questions on my case study research, so it'd be awesome if anyone could help out

1) what's current account convertibility?

2) in the case of india, it has large fiscal deficits, and i've read a large CAD - but positive BOP and leftover foreign reserves.......isn't that contradictory?!

3) i'm finding contradictory info! :( some sources are negative about the impacts of globalisation, others are positive, so while i'm getting some info telling me that capital inflow increased quite nicely after in the globalisation period, i then get info telling me that tere was no significant increases....pft. what'd i do?

HSC
N/A
回复: Case Study Q's!

-pari- said:
while i'm getting some info telling me that capital inflow increased quite nicely after in the globalisation period, i then get info telling me that tere was no significant increases....pft. what'd i do?
I think this is so-called "marginalization"(?)

some countries might recieve large volume of capital inflow, like China and Russia, whereas other countries with small and less competitive economies like Ukranie might lose in the process of globalization. That depends on what situation the country is in the global market. Maybe, the impact on these two types of countries by globalization cancel each other out???:mad1:

For what that crap (current account convertibility) is, I found this
Current account convertibility allows free inflows and outflows for all purposes other than for capital purposes such as investments and loans. In other words, it allows residents to make and receive trade-related payments — receive dollars (or any other foreign currency) for export of goods and services and pay dollars for import of goods and services, make sundry remittances, access foreign currency for travel, studies abroad, medical treatment and gifts etc. In India, current account convertibility was established with the acceptance of the obligations under Article VIII of the IMF’s Articles of Agreement in August 1994.
I hope it helps bro...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)