Case Study (1 Viewer)

yeeshu

HSC
hey im confused about this case study....im choosing to do brazil and according to me the case study should be 850 words since its basiclly an essay on a country...but the textbook seems to have so much info...and its un-summerisable into 850 words...so can sum1 tell me wats relevant info for that case study?

thxxxx:burn:

yeeshu

HSC
naah like i mean jus a general sort of case study...isnt there only 1 type of Q on the case study...the 1 thats outlined in the syllabus ie "assess impact of globalisation on a country other than australia etc etc"

konstantine'

HSC
without wings is right, some past HSC case study essay questions have had a particular emphasis on a certain aspect of the impact of globalisation. as a general guideline though, just to help you prepare, the essay question can examine your knowledge based on one or more of the following (straight from syllabus):

-international convergence
-eco growth, development and quality of life
-trade, investment and transnational corps
-distribution of income and wealth
-environmental consequences
-financial markets
-international business cycle
-implications for govt economics policies

know your trends and some key and up to date figures too.

Man United

HSC
Yeah the questions can vary. Another possibility which is used involves discussing policies with relation to the economy expoliting the benefits of globalisation.
Yes it is hard to discuss a globalisation essay in 850 words but konstantine is right, look at the syllabus and prioritise points from there.
Also to achieve better marks, may I add that discussing economic theories is an excellent start, at least that's what I did and it helped me. For example I know that a large proportion of Brazil's foreign debt is public or government owed. So why not use the Pitchford thesis here to explain the dangers here? Or with the government expenditure during the recessions in Brazil use Keynesian theory on the role of fiscal policy. I think that theory seperates you from the rest.
Just as an aside I found globalisation essays extremely difficult and as a result I always did the other essay question in exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)