• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Case Study (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

I'm researching China for the global economy case study thing, and just want to know what I need to know about the country? So if anyone could juts list the key things I need to know, I will very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

hyperbole. :)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
If your doing China, last year's Bulmer textbook's has it in there, so you can use that as a guide to study from, i don't know if it's in this year's ones however.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Basically statistics for Economic growth , etc.

Structural development , reforms , etc

Just ask ur teacher , if u are not sure.

pungpui

HSC
go2 the cia website...i think its cia! search it on google...they have like country profiles

also go2 the department of foreign affairs website...or 1 of the federal government sites and search china, its good coz it views china from Australias economic view...links it bk 2 aust

those got me 17/20 fr my very first eco assessment last yr (Ext. response)

suiyi_z

i'm also doing china as a case study and today i found some really good websites..go to google and search for china with economic indicators and u'll get resources from IMF, WTO etc.

pungpui

HSC
yea but that case study is like only 2 pages long, not so sufficient...in my case, riley was my grades textbook and using that only looked like u just copied from the book wit no scope..hence lower mark

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
I reccomend you look away from China.
I have a wealth of information on Thailand... all of which is soooooo damn good.
The VERY BEST way to do it is to contact any <name of case study country> official you can (Ambassadors included) with any and all questions you have as to official websites etc.
Use the official websites. Track growth, employment levels, investment levels (particularly the establishment of social capital), real wages, development etc etc

Use the central bank website and the treasury website of your respective countries as if they were your best friends.

DO NOT USE TEXTBOOKS!
Damn it, kids... if you can avoid it, dont use them.
Nothing is better than information you collect yourself.... if you take it from a book, its hardly worth it.

Useful websites:
United Nations Development Program: http://www.undp.org
List of all central bank websites: http://www.bis.org/cbanks.htm
Googled "treasury"... its that simple: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=treasury&meta=

You all know that the scales near the online/offline indicator is rep, dont you?
if you appreciate this or it helps you, then rep me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)