Case study (1 Viewer)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
I think she means it hasnt been used *every* year since the introduction of the new syllabus rather than it hasnt been used at all ;) ...

It really is just too hard to predict ... got to be ready for anything, and therefore I recommend a case study for each topic, no matter how primative. This means youll use at least 2 case studies in Section 4 and gives you flexibility to throw in a fictitious one

HSC
Actually, I just checked. Globilisation has been in IV most times. Arghh I guess ill have to learn both globilisation and industrial conflict. by the way, for section 4 to we have to write the points first that we are going to discuss?

Last edited:

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Generally Yes, Depending on the format you choose to do, the points should be outlined (in general, just the broad areas perhaps) in either an Introduction or Executive Summary.

HSC
If im going to give a intro on what globilisation is; do i write that first then the dot points or?

DNOMYAR

I dont think you can make up case studies for section IV. My teacher tells me the business must be global..

Peartie

HSC
You can make up a global business - we did an assessment where we had to talk on a hypothetical business we created and write a report on it. I just use that as it covers all the topic areas which is good and they cant check up to see how much you didnt actually know the business - not that they actually would :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i said this somewhere else, but its relevant to this thread.

The focus of your response should always be the course content. The case study is there to reinforce and complement that and it should never beocme the primary point of discussion.

Do NOT place too much emphasis on the case study. Answer the actual question, using the case to back-up what you are saying as you go along.

Intergrate examples from VARIOUS case studies to reinforce and demonstrate the thoery working in practice.
I would really argue that stuff lke the history of a company is irrelevant, as it really does not relate to the actual question.

Also, have a good range of case studies. Dont make them up, there is no need too, there are thousands of real companies you could refer to without actually studying them. I myself will use my common knowlege of different companies to relate to various syllabus dot points where appropriate.

I find that learning 1 specific case study limits your ability to reenforce the points as not all concepts in the course are present in a single business

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
im using the billabong case study for all the topics excpet for ER that im using Qantas...but i thought all yr 12s of '05 do billabong...*hmmmmm*

HSC
Yeah, Im doing qantas and billabong. Anyway, you know how at the start of the report thing you put dot points on the topics you will talk about, should i define globilisation first then put the dot points of what i am going to talk about or start with the dot points and have
- What is globilisation as the first point and talk about it.

Moonlite

HSC
Are you marked down if you mention more than one case study in Q27? Is it ok if you refer to like, lets say, two or three? Cuz my main study doesn't adapt to all parts of the syllabus, in which case I was thinking to use the other ones.

I just hope they don't ask Financial in the extended response....

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Certainly not!! .. the syllabus states case studie(s) .. Im using at least 2 in that question, marks arent deducted for that.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
indeed, marks are not deducted. Usually quite to the contrary, you are likely to gain marks.

DNOMYAR

another thing can we use 1 case study to answer one part of the question and use another to answer the other part. E.g In section IV can we use BHP case study to answer the ER part of the uestion and use billabong to answer the global business part of the question..do u guys get what i mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

HSC
For section 4, do we have to talk about the thing they ask us REFERRING to the case study OR do we just talk abnuot the case study?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)