cases on children (1 Viewer)

connie

HSC
N/A
does anyone know of some cases to do with children where the decision has "in the best interest of the child' or the interests of the child are the "paramount consideration" in it.

would be greatly appreciated

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
F v L and others (1982) where F was the father and was allowed to adopt the child and take it away from its mother so it could be brought up according to its Aboriginal heritage. The Judge ruled whilst the child would've have benefitted growing up with its mother in a white middle class society, the child had a right to be brought up according to its heritage and customs. It comes under the issue of forced adoption
and the Whitehead v Stern surrogacy case

Last edited:

young_gurl

F vs L is it 1982 or 1983??? cos i got 1983 im not sure..
Try these cases...
In the matter of B and B
Gronow V Gronow
The marriage of Grimshaw V Grimsham
Marriage of C and C
Marriage of M and M
Shepheard Vs Shepheard- homosexual father had to fight for custody of child born in heterosexual relationship after breakdown of marriage
Whitehead Vs Stern 1998- first case of surrogacy battle. Baby was placed in hands of adoptive parents as they were able to provide a better quality life for the child

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It could be 1983 I don't have a textbook in front of me it was just off the top of my head

connie

HSC
N/A
omg you guys are so much help! thnx heaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

connie

HSC
N/A
Ok that case F v L and Others (which is 1983 according to the notes on this site) I tried looking for it on Austlii and apparently it doesn't exist, does anyone know why? Or perhaps where i could find a transcript of the case?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
thats probably cos its not called that, they've renamed it for legal studies, I write up the case brief thats in my case book and post it tomorrow

connie

HSC
N/A
Ok so how do we know that the guy/girl who wrote the textbook didnt just like entirely make the case up?

connie

HSC
N/A
ok to save the confusion experience with F v L and others, when you guys post cases, can you put a summary of the issue and the decision and where you got the case from. thanx

connie

HSC
N/A
in text books, hot topic books, or you can just search on the austlii website and various other websites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)