CASIO fx-8200 AU - new calculator coming next year. (1 Viewer)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
There is also a new video for 1-variable statistics at

You can see how much easier it is to get all the statistics at once compared with the current models where you have to get each one separately

Last edited:

hornsbystudylad

HSC
N/A
yeah - I think this calculator changes up the game a lot but then not that much at the same time - my 4u school teacher was adamant about it def not being NESA approved (which it is) because of the fact that it can do exact values so quickly.

However, some other features I guess like all the tabulating stuff and sigma summation will take the same time if not shorter on paper, and it's very likely that marks will be handed out for that working anyway - maybe maths 2023 hsc will lean towards more working-based questions to counteract that as well...

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
@tywebb with the new calculator, is there still a benefit to bringing in multiple calculators to make swapping between radians stats etc
I don't think that will be a benefit. You should be able to swap things like that on the same calculator, just as it was on other calculators.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Where is nPr, nCr, factorial at?
Absolute value?
Wheres the S<-->D equivalent?
The button directly to the right of SETTINGS
I finally have the answers to these other questions you have:

nPr:
nPr.png
nCr:
nCr.png
factorial:
factorial.png
abs:
av.png
SD:
sd.png
Go back:
go-back.png

I got them from the user guides that have recently been made available:

and

In there you will also find all the other details on how to use the calculator.

Also the last I heard is that the release date is July 28, 2023 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out before then.

Last edited:

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Well cheaper than the 100.

But exploring my question a bit more "can you guess why they chose 8200 for the new calculator name?" ..... at the moment there are 2 calculators - the 82 and the 100 sold concurrently. As from July next year there will be only one - the 8200.

The older 82 and 100 may also be sold concurrently with the 8200 for a while until stock of the older ones run out. But I doubt they will keep producing the older ones once the new one comes out. So I reckon pretty soon you will only be able to get the older ones on ebay or the like.
I fail to understand from your explanation why it is cheaper. If it does have all the features of the 100 plus new additional features, then unless retail stores discount their stock of 100’s, they will likely be left with unsold 100’s. Surely Casio won’t want to upset their relationship with retail stores.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I fail to understand from your explanation why it is cheaper. If it does have all the features of the 100 plus new additional features, then unless retail stores discount their stock of 100’s, they will likely be left with unsold 100’s. Surely Casio won’t want to upset their relationship with retail stores.
It is based on CASIO's rrp's:

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 9.49.12 pm.png

It should be clear now.

Retailers may have different prices.

When the 8200 is released retailers may choose to drop the prices on the 82 and 100 and bump up the price on the 8200 for example. Alternatively simply delay selling the 8200 until their 82's and 100's are sold out.

In any case you should still be able to get the 82 and 100 cheaper on ebay.

wowza9995atar

HSC
this seems handy as a secondary calculator for more complex calculations like exact values, but it seems way too much of a hassle to use for quick calculations due to everything being behind a menu

will definitely make life easier tho

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I finally have the answers to these other questions you have:

nPr:
View attachment 38627
nCr:
View attachment 38628
factorial:
View attachment 38629
abs:
View attachment 38630
SD:
View attachment 38631
Go back:
View attachment 38632

I got them from the user guides that have recently been made available:

and

In there you will also find all the other details on how to use the calculator.

Also the last I heard is that the release date is July 28, 2023 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out before then.
could this calculator (given it has 'standard' mode) give exact values of trig values such as cos(72)? If so, wouldn't that possibly contribute to a huge syllabus (primarily in the trig qn areas) change in the future?

Last edited:

Vall

HSC
i don’t know if i can part with my edition fx-100 yet

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
The button directly to the right of SETTINGS - is that a back button, or an undo button? I would LOVE an undo button :)
Well I have the emulator now and it seems there are really 2 questions here.

Firstly as I said before this is the go back one screen button:

go back.png

But there is also an Undo. It's not a button, but a menu item in the tools button:

tools button.png

which gives this:

undo.png

So suppose you choose to input 9-5 but accidentally input 9-6

It goes like this

9-6.png

then press tools button and select Undo and press the Execute button:
Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 2.02.38 pm.png

It changes it to this:

9-.png

Alternatively you can just use this button to do the same thing:

delete.png

That is called the Delete button.

Attachments

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
And what I found out in the emulator is that you have access to emulators for all these calculators too:

calc page 1.png

calc page 2.png

calc page 3.png

calc page 4.png

That's 39 emulators in 1

I'll stick with fx-8200 AU for now though.

It used to be that the emulator could only run on a Windows or Mac computer. But now you can put it on your phone too which is pretty cool.

Here is a picture of it running on my iphone:
emulator on phone.png
That is because it is now a web-based emulator whereas before you had to install it.

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
IMG_5556.jpeg
Bought mine today, if you’re getting it from Officeworks you might have to ask them to get it from down the back because of something to do with button batteries

carrotsss

HSC
I though it comes with a AAA battery, not button battery.View attachment 38714
It's on page 110 of the user guide from https://casioeducation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/fx-8200-AU_User-Guide.pdf
Yeah you’re right, no idea why Officeworks put a button battery sticker on it then it literally has AAA on the side of the box

Also this calculator is really good, definitely worth buying for people doing the HSC this year imo. It’s just like the 100au in that it’s far from life changing but it’s very convenient and would save a fair bit of time in exams, and prevent errors which is good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)