• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Castaway" as a supp text? (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
I've read that Castaway (with Tom Hanks) is a good option as a supplementary text for Physical Journeys. I've pretty much decided to do Castaway as one of them.

Is it actually a good text to do? Which scene is central to physical journeys, and is perfect to analyse for this purpose?

I've also thought about choosing a shot from "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan , as my other supp text.. i'd appreciate if anyone could also comment on that.

coolcapsicum

HSC
i quite liked shaun tan's arrival but i think doing the WHole book would be a bit difficult..

i dunno if one shot will be enough though.. then again it depends on which shot ur doing and ur own capability of understanding and expressing it..

i'm thinking of doing cast away too.. but haven't got around to watching it just yet..

but yes i think the picture book is a good idea-- as it had quite a few techniques in it..

amy.yeah!

HSC
hey there...

i'm doing Castaway as a related text, i have to do a speech about it on thursday! :(
my teacher told me its a good one to do for physical journeys, so i stuck with it and it has some really good key messages about journey.

has anyone got anything to share?

amy x

clarisse.d

HSC
I think Castaway is a really popular and over-done text to do. Try to do a text that's more obscure so you have a chance that not many people are doing it. There's an aussie movie called "Serenades" directed by Mojgan Khadem that would be good doing.

Shaun Tan's also a popular text but if you do art and choose the right frames, it might benefit you.

:D

clarisse

Power of One

HSC
N/A
Hi there, don't do castaway it has been done to death. There is a short story "Only Ten by Alan Baillie that does deal with a physical journey...short but easy to analyse
it is from the Top Drawer book perhaps a teacher could tell you if the junior years are using the book. Don't panic because I've mentioned junior years this story is great.
Hope this helps. Also stay away from Titanic etc., (overdone):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)