• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Casual Job For Uni Students (1 Viewer)

Yaro

HSC
Hi Everyone, I think this is the right place to post this...

I run a student essay editing business and I need three university campus representatives to work for me this year. The job is casual placing posters up at university campuses once a week for 2-4 hours.

I need one person in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane each, although I'm open to taking on other people from other capital cities in Australia.

I've written up a full job description here so take a look if you are interested -

http://www.betteredit.com/jobs.shtml#australian

Cheers!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
How come no one loves MQ? :(

BetterEdit website said:
Is your campus a good candidate for BetterEdit? If there are many international students then chances are it is!
...Especially when MQ has the highest percentage of international students in NSW...

Yaro

HSC
Hey I like MQ (Macquarie, no?) - it's I'm not 100% sure about the layout and whether they have many poster boards there. I've been to the other campuses in Sydney.

Should I be adding MQ to the roster then too?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Yaro said:
Hey I like MQ (Macquarie, no?) - it's I'm not 100% sure about the layout and whether they have many poster boards there. I've been to the other campuses in Sydney.

Should I be adding MQ to the roster then too?
Not so many official poster boards, no, but there's plenty of flat concrete surfaces! Generally most of the walls get covered with notices which then people come and rip down once a week or so. Will take me 2 seconds to get you an example (photo) if you're curious.

Do you need essay editors?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
That role as an essay editor sounds good. Im not sure how often you want to put posters up at mq, since it gets torn down like once a week at least.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
If you're looking to stick up flyers, probably just reply in here or PM A1, I'd imagine. (Which, A1, btw, I'd be willing to do on an occaisonal basis if you want to add me to a list of people for MQ sticking duty)

If you're looking to be an essay editor, I don't think there's a job being offered for that just yet. You could always do some sticking duty yourself ;)

That said, when it comes to essay editing, there actually are qualifications you can get for it (Though I don't know of what quality) from the Australian institute of Journalism (or something else about journalism anyway). They tend to charge about $500, and then if you don't sign up for a month or two the price drops by 25%.. Wouldn't be too bad, I don't think.

Yaro

HSC
If you follow the link in my first post to the BetterEdit.com jobs page you will see we are looking for both people to put up posters (on campuses all around the world) and also editors. However we have very strict qualification requirements for our editors - most of our staff are PhD level educators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)