Cat Power March 2008 Tour (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
yay, more menstrual-centric between-song banter, hiding under pianos, sets that last two hours with maybe ten minutes of music, all in the name of 'iconoclasm'. remember kids, it's not embarrassing... it's confronting! meanwhile, icecreamdisco stays at home.

still <3 her tho.

spiny norman

HSC
I think she's meant to have sobered up, so presumably.

I still wouldn't go though.

But would totally do her.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
jukebox is ok, but probably her worst stuff so far. also, covering your own songs? COME ON!

i will go to this though

walrusbear

HSC
i've got a ticket
her show has supposedly changed a lot since she gave up the bottle
here's hoping it's any good...

and jukebox is kinda dull

Shaking Paper

HSC
I loved Jukebox when I picked it up, but it's loosing it's charm, I just think the song choices were a bit less inspired than The Covers Record.
The bonus disk is pretty neat though.

Shaking Paper

HSC
Great show! Even without the older stuff.

I couldn't believe the support slot (if I'd had any idea I would have brought money for cds - was that just Mick Turner stuff, or is it a real named side-project with Jim?), it was just as good as the headliner, not that a lot of the crowd realized that.
Way too bad they didn't take the opportunity to try Great Waves.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i was wishing for great waves at least
the sound was a bit shit but. don't explain (my fav off jukebox) was ruined by poor balance - all you could hear were the drums :(

and i was sad she didn't play anything older, but i kind of understand why she wouldn't
asking for anything older than the greatest was purely wishful thinking. but she was quite cute!! and played for ages, and was really gracious, and i did enjoy it, and now i'm on a massive cat power binge!!

Shaking Paper

HSC
She did seem to enjoy herself. I only noticed the 'technical difficulties' at one point, can't remember when, no effect on the fun. Definately felt it shouldn't have been seated, but at least I didn't need to line up or anything.

But Angelitos Negros was on the setlist and not played! It's the best thing on Jukebox. =[
Blue (and Satisfaction) was on there too, but I don't remember it being played.

"Welcome Schmelcome"

Someone's put some songs online;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sMoEK7O28&feature=user

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)