• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cathlic Trials (1 Viewer)

Ozz^E

I found that put of the electives i was doin..the powerplay question was the most tricky one...not hard but tricky. Though our focus is Julius Caesar for whom i choose cassius, we did do 1984 as a supp text adn i choose winston and wrote 3 diary entries with him explaing the sitauion from when he was free (at start) , to whne he got captured and totured and then when he was let to go and had changed his thinking...ie "he had ccome to love big brother. Idun know but i think wat examiners will be looking for is if student s can portray issues about powerplay throught heir entries...though thats jsut my guess.

Howd u answer it? :cool:

Kurious

Yeah, I tried to talk about the way power can be seen in different ways by different parties, like how the proles had no idea really due to their BB hidden world, while Winston knew the truth. I wasn't sure like where in the novel Winston would be doin' his diary entries and i don't think it would have been clear to the marker. Oh oh.

:( :( :( ;)

That question really threw me off track, all of a sudden I had to empathise with the characters?!? lolz
I must say, I deserve full marks for my last entry. I am so proud of it
"2+2=5.
I have confessed my sins and have been cured.
I love Big Brother"

I swear, if I don't get good marks for that, I'm gonna be pissed off!
*note the dangerous amount of sarcasm*

(I actually think that EVERYONE who came out of the english exam said that was their last enty lolz)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)