Catholic studies (1 Viewer)

TomTom123

HSC
if im in a class full of dumb cunts do i get scaled down??
does catholic studies affect my atar?

firstneg

HSC
if im in a class full of dumb cunts do i get scaled down??
does catholic studies affect my atar?
catholic studies is a board approved, so it doesn't even contribute to your ATAR at all.

TomTom123

HSC
really? so if i dont try at all fail all the catholic studies exams it wont affect my UAI at all at the end of yr 12?

TomTom123

HSC
does anyone have some info on this stuff so i can feel more easy about it

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
as far as i know, it doesnt count towards your Atar (if you've done great or crap, it doesnt matter)
but why wouldnt you do RE 1 unit which will count towards your atar and thus worth doing it?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
teachers being a bitch and won't let me change
Slap your teacher.

You're legeally allowed to change before end of term 1 (i believe), well thats for our school anyway, even tho some people changed mid-way term 2.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Catholic Studies isn't a Category A or B course- it's a school developed or board approved NOT board endorsed so it doesn't count towards your ATAR.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Slap your teacher.

You're legeally allowed to change before end of term 1
so is our school.

plus we were not allowed to pick up catholic studies until year 12. As i go to a catholic school, we need to do something religious i.e. if we wanna drop RE 1unit, then we have to pick up catholic studies.

So, IMO its still not late to change to RE 1unit. (i'd strongly recommand RE 1unit; its a bludge subject and it counts towards your Atar)

if your teacher is being a bitch, maybe you should talk to your year coordinator or year adviser ... whatever you call it

shad0w

HSC
catholic studies...pfft, my teacher takes it soo damn serious...he says if we fail the catholic studies exam we'll be given N awards..lol
Catholic Studies mark is printed on ur HSC raw marks sheet thingo, but does go towards ATAR....if you really care about having a nice mark on the paper (that no one will really ever look at or care about) then try ur hardest!
I use my catholic studies class as a study period :)
then again my catholic studies teacher takes his job too seriously, and makes himself think it counts towards UAI, so we have some kids riding on 10 units (two of which are sports science and catholic studies) and they think they'll be getting ATARs, what a shame...

firstneg

HSC
I don't understand why you would do catholic studies when 1U SOR is much more interesting, counts towards your ATAR and has no religious bias.

sfer

HSC
I don't understand why you would do catholic studies when 1U SOR is much more interesting, counts towards your ATAR and has no religious bias.
I'd never even heard of "Catholic Studies" in the HSC - whatever happened to Australia being secular?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)