Gemstone

Jodes I've got a horrible timetable.

Tommorrow - Jap. Morning, Religion Arvo
Wednesday - English
Thursday - IPT Morning, Legal Arvo
Friday - Jap. Oral

Tuesday - Ancient History

lalaynie

I find it somewhat not the best thing to say that if you wrote 8 pages then youll be fine with creative writing... i don't think so. and besides, it doesnt matter how much you write because everyone is so different.... and i figure that if i write a creative peice that is 3 or 4 pages long and to the point and has sifficient meaning it can be just as good as any other... same with the essay and the first question...
On the contrast question i thought it was really clear, i liked it actually, and i thought the prose extract four was really interesting... i wanted to know what else happened!!
The essay was good, fairly broad tho.... creative threw me with the journal peice, our teachers dont really like journals so i was surprised they didnt alter it.. i did about 6 or 7 entries, and just wrote from what I knew was real, my own life rather than anything else, and if thats teen angst then at least its a reality and not the sympathy card....
Soooo dreading paper 2 though, so much stuf to remember, so little time to memorise!!!
Good luck!!
xox

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Man, that the last text in section 1 was so retarded, i had no clue what that was about.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
The Catholic Trial for english paper 1 was a lot easier than I first expected but paper 2 will be the one to sort students out. I'm not looking forward to it. By the way, does anyone know what we need to know for the 2nd paper?

prinzess_emmy

Surely I can't be the only one that thought question 3 was terrible!! "The Journey leads to a greater understanding" yeah of what exactly?? I thought it was sooooo bad.. i may be a little biased since i hugely ran out of time and wrote my essay in about half an hour - essay? 4 and a half pages of crap more like it.. I didnt mind questions 1 and 2 but question 3 was a shocker. I also had 5 texts ro write about.. 2 poems, stimulus booklet text and 2 related. SHOCKING!!

Oh, also, anyone doing King Lear.. do we just have to know about different readings of the play or themes techniques etc. I know u must mention techniques used in to various readings but do we have to know themes, characters stuff like that.

i_am_carly

HSC
I'm really scared about the King Lear question in Paper 2. I have learnt the readings and techniques for 2 scenes from 2 productions and I'm going to study the themes and the characters as well, because they can make the question about absolutely anything! My teacher also said that we should think about the modern day relevance of King Lear and about the textual integrity...but I don't even know what textual integrity is! Does anyone have any ideas?

I think I did okay in today's exam, but the last question freaked me out because it didn't go with anything that I had prepared! Oh well...

jodes_w

yeh i thought section 3 was crap too, like it was way too broad, could mean anything, i was seriuosly stressing, so i tried to plan it out and relate it to my texts but seriously ran outta time something shocking! i wrote bout 2 1/2 pages, id like to say three but it wasnt.. but we had A4 lined paper, not the stupid booklets... i only did 3 of my 4 texts, didnt finish the third one, and didnt do a conclusion so yeh!!! im stuffed! the first two sections werent too bad compared to the last i thought... i cant imagine the modules exam though! i cant remember shit! like im doin truman show, we all fall down and educating rita... crappp!

atschamp

HSC
N/A
u think u got it bad? .. try doing king lear ... brave new world/ blade runner and after mabo..... like come on :|

jodes_w

atschamp said:
u think u got it bad? .. try doing king lear ... brave new world/ blade runner and after mabo..... like come on :|
yeh i do have it bad ok. 'u got it u got it bad...' lol usher rocks... it is usher right? mannn my brain is just choka block these days. maybe we've all got it bad... :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
the way i took question 3.. i focused on the last couple of lines of the rubric.. which gave me a good way to set it out.. probably because in my practice essay i wrote alot about it
i think they are changing our gwen harwood question.. as we havent done any critical readings yet

jodes_w

cro_angel said:
the way i took question 3.. i focused on the last couple of lines of the rubric.. which gave me a good way to set it out..
can some one pleeeaasee tell me what the rubric is? coz ur all saying it but i've never heard it before?? is it like the syllabus?? or am i like really dumb?? lol

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh its the part of the syllabus which relates to whatever module/journey you are doing.. basically what ur meant to know by the end of studying the text
eg for imaginative journeys its..
Through this focus, students explore the ways in which texts depict imaginative journeys. These journeys take us into worlds of imagination, speculation and inspiration. Students explore a range of imaginative journeys, from journeys of intellectual discovery to those of pure imagination. Students examine the underlying assumptions about these imaginative journeys and consider the power of the imagination to challenge their thinking. In their responding and composing, students reflect on the ways imaginative journeys broaden their understanding of the world and themselves.
i was prepared because our teacher made us do a practice essay structuring it according to the rubric..

J

jhakka

You need variant readings for that module regardless of the text you're doing. It's in the syllabus, I think.

sachi86

stupid back page

za said:
just didnt come to me in he exam
i didnt realise htere was a second page for it till there was 5 mins to go

yeah it would of been helpful if it was shown a bit easier that there was a back page, i did this section last and had no time to rewrite the extended answer question when i saw the back page

Egghead

HSC
Anyone prepared for Religion? I'm so going to be sitting there for 1hour 25 mins out of the 1hr 30 mins it goes for :vcross:

cj_bridle

HSC
abdo said:
i did amazingly well, 22 pages in all... it was so easy...
if thats a normal A4 page.. i didnt think that was humanly possible in 2 hours thats an average of 1 page every 5 and a half minutes!!! machine indeed!|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)