Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
housemouse said:
You dont.
Apparently the Catholic trial people think you do. (Now I'm getting paranoid that I misread the question.)

nerakp

HSC
Triangulum said:
Apparently the Catholic trial people think you do. (Now I'm getting paranoid that I misread the question.)
I think that was meant to be a trick question. Most people would probably stop at the simpson rule and forget that you have to multiply the whole thing by pi to get the volume or something like that??

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I think I may have screwed the entire thing by squaring it.

Maybe I should have actually learnt the concept behind Simpson's rule instead of just memorising it and applying it blindly.

Pah. Concepts are for wimps.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I did the visual arts one scheduled for the 14th of August for you Catholic kiddies. :)

Oh the things I could say about it...

nerakp

HSC
Triangulum said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I think I may have screwed the entire thing by squaring it.

Maybe I should have actually learnt the concept behind Simpson's rule instead of just memorising it and applying it blindly.

Pah. Concepts are for wimps.
You don't actually have to learn the concept to use Simpson's rule - just know that it's another method of integrating and that they ask it in every 2 unit exam.

I can't believe that General has this formula in their FORMULA SHEET. >:[

fa1nt

HSC
yeh ur supposed to times it by pi the simpsons stuff i fink...for the cd question. did anyone get 0.2km?

buttaflai

HSC
fa1nt said:
2 teachers from my school wrote the maths paper today. was alrite i guess. expectin 85%+. the only reason they made it a bit harder is coz for the last few papers they wrote they got complaints from other schools sayin it was too easy. hhaah on behalf of my teachers..theyre sorry? hahaha, but whos screwed with the 3u? coz i am.
ayye as if spiridon and farag wrote an easy exam... lol... hi drew... u smell...

nerakp said:
You don't actually have to learn the concept to use Simpson's rule - just know that it's another method of integrating and that they ask it in every 2 unit exam.

I can't believe that General has this formula in their FORMULA SHEET. >:[
yeah so what if general get simpson's rule? it's jus a simplified version of the 2 unit formula... if u ask me.. the 2unit formula for simpson's rule is a lot easier to understand and much more convienient... =D...

wicked_65

HSC
2u trial was pretty easy. I managed to do every single qs (maybe i did some stupid mistakes and i no i got a few wrong already) but the only one i couldnt do was the qs 9 with the paraboa and line (find point "P"). Im pretty confident of 108+ out of 120 (90%+).

3u trial was easy than i expected. The qs about the population one, i couldnt get the two equations they asked us to derive. The probability one about choosing multiple choice qs, i think i stuffed up part ii. I managed to get all of the qs 7 projectile motion but 7b, about the binomial theorom, i only got i, not ii. Im pretty confident of 68+ out of 84 (80%+)

Last edited:

fa1nt

HSC
yeh , the population was stuffed. they prolly din check the pape rite...n did u notice that q3b, induction. teachers came in half way changin the questions around coz ther was a typo that changed the q. heh

zeek

HSC
ummm no the population one was correct...

Mod Edit: Too detailed

Last edited by a moderator:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
finally liberated ^^
had business today - was so easy.
i think CSSA is being easy on us this year lolz.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
business was easy.. but it will all come down to those extended responses... personally dont think i deserve above 15/20 for either

random_princess

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
finally liberated ^^
had business today - was so easy.
i think CSSA is being easy on us this year lolz.
yeah i think that too

i was told that trials were harder then the actually hsc...if they are im soooo crusiing lol

business was realllllllllyyyy easy our school had to change the global questions cause we have covered it yet bu i looked at the mulitply choice questions n i thinki could have answered them anyway

Does anyone else thing CSSA has been to easy........to you feel over confident?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
random_princess said:
yeah i think that too

i was told that trials were harder then the actually hsc...if they are im soooo crusiing lol

business was realllllllllyyyy easy our school had to change the global questions cause we have covered it yet bu i looked at the mulitply choice questions n i thinki could have answered them anyway

Does anyone else thing CSSA has been to easy........to you feel over confident?
we didn't have finance. None of my trials were hard IMO. i didn't like last years CSSA business exam though lolz.

cj_426

HSC
If your Q9 and 10 were blank, how could it have been so easy??? lol

KRISTINAsus

HSC
I THOUGHT IT WAS EASY!
except fr\or the accounting questions! EW i didnt even bother studing for finance:rofl:

need2studi

HSC
Did anyone do the software design and development trial.. the hardware question (b)? MAN IT KILLED MY LIFE... I fully winged it.. OMG THAT QUESTION WAS INSANE!

wicked_65

HSC
The business exam was fair. I thought i was so stuffed for it but i did ok. Multiple choice was fairly easy and the short answers were orite as well. The role of marketing i kinda bullshitted cause im not that good at marketing. Section III was not that bad, wrote bout 6 and a bit pages. For section IV i did qs 27. This qs not too bad as well, and i kinda made bullshit bout case studies in this section. Did bout 5 and a bit pages. Did bout 11.5 pages for last 2 sections. Overall i did okay as it thought i was gonna do so bad. Aiming for 75%+

Software was an abosolute bitch!!!! Multiple choice was not too bad (i rekon i killed it). Qs 21 was okay except i forgot the symbols in system flowcharts (ARGH FUK!!). Qs 22 WAS NUTS!! The bloody algorithm qs i made bullshit up. Qs 23 was a bit retarted and mostly made up shit. The option topic (Software Developer's View of Hardware) was a bloody shit QS!!! I was hoping for lots of binary arithmetic qs (only 3 marks out of 20 and it was still a bit hard) but there was a ultra hard qs bout logic curcuits and truth tables. There were 2 logic circuits and 1 truth table for 15 FUKEN MARKS!!! The last qs im like ??? so i made up shit. I wanna at least get 50%+ but i aiming for 60%+ (hopefully!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)