• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
christina88 said:
and now also egged at the station. on top of the bullshit media reports.

egged? really? holy jamoilies this has turned into a rambo situation (frontline quote remember it people u might need it when u resit the test)

helper

HSC
N/A
dani_danoz said:
What needs to be done, although I'm not for it, is that Trials need stricter guidelines by BOS, eg ensuring all (CSSA + Independant!) examinations are done the same time.
So you will need the same time period as the real HSC for trials. It is not feasible. 4 weeks out of term 3 and still finish all the syllabuses. Then are you going to do the same for all other assessment tasks?

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The trials should have less restircits not more! They are internal school based assesments, and the guidelines should remain faithful to this fact.

All schools should set their own exams and not buy them from secondary soources/

> <

HSC
mm warned ya chelt will b defendin their principal.. erm.. sumthin lik she gav a talk which touched deir heart..

snoopy05 said:
hey you boys back off!! dont blame the girls at cheltenham!
ritez.. so tell da boiz 2 bac off 2 pik up da chickz?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh come on, lets not let this get childish.....

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Pfft. As if that'd work, answers could still be leaked out couldn't they? *rolls eyes*

What needs to be done, although I'm not for it, is that Trials need stricter guidelines by BOS, eg ensuring all (CSSA + Independant!) examinations are done the same time. But because the trials are an internal examination this probably wouldn't work and is probably too stringent for such an assessment.
Dani thats what has MEANT to have happened with CSSA...
the policy was that schools all do it to their timetable
however, cheltenham rebelled and did it a week earlier.
Every other school (well most of them anyway) that we are aware of abided to the guidelines and did it when they were meant to.

> <

HSC
he asked 4 a name.. merely stating da factz.. just posted as a question..

kori_yuki

The education department said Cheltenham Girls High was likely to face disciplinary action, involving counselling, a reprimand or a dismissal.

source :http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...it-after-bungle/2005/08/08/1123353256467.html

For those ppls there who hate Cheltenham well there u go.
i personally think they should investigate how the chick knew it was a catholic paper when the cover was ripped off and replaced with a typical cover frm the school.Also majority of the population didn't kno it was a catholic paper until today or last Fri. And i must vertify it again tht we did it 2 days early not weeks or a week early as stated in the media etc...

> <

HSC
2 daiz.. one week.. same difference really..
re-doin eng trialz is to make itz fair 4 u guyz.. and "revenge" is bein dealt as we type.. so..

as 4 how dey knew.. read da rest of da msgz in here.. buh since derez Xnumber of postz...
--> people compared n realised.. itz da minority dat affected da majority..

Last edited:

snoopy05

HSC
> < said:
he asked 4 a name.. merely stating da factz.. just posted as a question..
hey cmon man, did u really think i was seriously trying to hit on her or something?
i was just being sarcastic, but i honestly do admire her effort trying to preserve her school's reputation. enuff said.

> <

HSC
was teasin honz.. teasin..
jus tryin 2 lighten up da mood n all..

snoopy05

HSC
OMFG this is what I dont understand.... WHAT DOES IT MATTER THEN IF THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE AREA GOT THE EXAM QUESTIONS!!! IF THEY DIDNT KNOW IT WAS A CSSA EXAM THEN THEY WOULDNT HAVE WRITTEN RESPONSES TO THOSE QUESTIONS! BUT SOMEONE TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS A CSSA EXAM, OTHER WISE THEY WOULDNT HAVE GONE INTO THE EXAM PREPARED RIGHT? I smell a rat... one of the teachers must have told a girl that it had cssa elements because if the girls didnt know they wouldnt have gone and told everyone
i smell the same thing. i need ray martin to do a report on this.. lol. "telling the truth"

and " >_< " . = ) soz, no hard feelings there cheers :beer:

christina88

HSC
nah the girls didn't go and tell evry1.. the guys in schools such as nsb, epping, normo who have cheltenham friends realised that their paper 1 question was the same as the girls', and so accordingly the paper 2 would be the same, so they asked the girls for those questions. the girls as far as i know unknowingly gave them the questions as they asked for 'practice questions'.

helper

HSC
N/A
Deus said:
All schools should set their own exams and not buy them from secondary soources
The reason why schools use bought papers at times is so the teachers are not biased in the questions that are written. Teachers do not test to what they have taught, which happens in a lot of exams.

> <

HSC
itz as christina88 said.. altho sum gav da question 2 oda when asked. bcoz dey couldnt say reject deir friendz.. HmMMmz..

lolz snoopy - cheerz~ :beer x2: <u can still hit on her tho.. no one will mind~>

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
They didn't use my interview on 7, obviously because I wasn't angry enough. :( Potential fame and fortune opportunity goes begging!

Carlingford High has to resit exams next Thursday and the Tuesday after that.

schmo

snoopy05 said:
schmo723,

man, this is out of topic, but i really admire you. u been hanging around this thread for the past days to stand up for your own school's integrity and reputation =)

hey you boys back off!! dont blame the girls at cheltenham!
*so hey wats your name?*
Thank you for the compliment but I truly believe the Cheltenham staff and students have been treated in a way they do not deserve. I refuse to allow people to hurt the people around me and it annoys me to see the affect that this mistake has had on my friends, my teachers and my principal. I will continue to stress that it was a mistake that should not have happened, but did and we need to learn to accept that. The required courses of actions are taking to investigate the security breach and I think that the price of this error is being paid as we speak. Maybe its the prefect in me, but I cant just sit here and continuously let Cheltenham be attacked over and over again without defending it. I'm just somewhat tired of the blatant attacks...

schmo

SSaint said:
the point i suspect he is making, is that some degree of fault could be linked with your 'peers', the papers didnt leak themselves you know, and i doubt your school did... put two and two together, it shouldnt be that hard, even for a cheltenham student
I cannot vouch for all of my peers but I truly believe that no one in our school would have leaked the information intentionally. As we have tried to make clear, we were not informed that any part of the english papers would be the Catholic papers and so I believe that if a Cheltenham student did leak information it would NOT have been deliberate. Of course, I cannot speak for all Cheltenham students but I really don't think any leak was intentional. Why would we do that? by leaking information about the catholic paper intentionally would only disadvantage us. It's just not logical.

Wakaveli

Happenin Muthafuka
HSC
James87 said:
Wakeveli, are you a Normo Boy too, by any chance.
If so, of course we are right - our Principal doesn't make mistakes (lol that was cheap)
How good is it that we don't have to redo Paper 1 - it would be hard to compromise/leak/cheat on that 1 anyways
Cya later
Yea I goto Normo.... I rekon its a pretty good decision on the part of the Eng department (lyk the first gd one in two years). Paper one was pretty generalised, but that Mod B question..... you cannot deny that prior knowledge would help.....

BTW, did ppl hear that students at chelto blamed US for the leak? Thats pretty heavy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)