Catholic Trials f*ck up (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
jessied said:
not everyone doing the catholic exam is doing it again...

i sorta see the point in doing it again but english trial is worth what 30% of ur internal mark, all thats being affected is rank. the teachers are obviously going to realise that someone has "cheated" or heard the question before the exam if they're averaging say 10/11 in essays and then somehow pull a 19/20... teachers know the standards of work.. the only thing that would really need to be done is the modules paper, even then its hardly worth it if it have got a low weighting
What school isn't redoing it?

People study more for the trial....

I sure did.

Alot of people will learn that they must actually ANSWER THE QUESTION. (which they previously never did)

Zali

HSC
ftr11 said:
This is Normo's response from Mr Warren....their principal...

Thursday, 4 August 2005
Dear Year 12 students and parents/carers,
I regret to inform you that a number of Trial Higher School Certificate examinations have been compromised as we share these examinations with a number of other schools.
To ensure the integrity of our trial examination results and the HSC assessments it is necessary for us to reschedule some examinations. These examinations are:
o English Advanced Paper 1
o Music 1 – written
o English Advanced Paper 2
o Design and Technology
I regret the necessity of these changes and I understand the concern that may be felt by students and parents. Nevertheless to ensure that no student is unfairly advantaged or disadvantaged we have had to make these changes.
The new dates for the examinations are:
English Paper 1 Wednesday 10 August 8.55 am to 11.00 am
English Paper 2 Friday 12 August 8.55 am to 11.00 am
Design & Technology Monday 15 August 11.55 am to 1.30 pm
Music 1 Tuesday 16 August 8.55am to 10.00am
This also necessitates movement of Business Studies from Wednesday 10 August to Tuesday 16 August from 12.25 to 3.30 and Modern History from Friday 12 August from 8.55 am to 12.00 noon to 12 August 12.25 pm to 3.30 pm.
All students will now return to school on Wednesday 17 August.
Your understanding of this difficult situation is appreciated.
I can be contacted on 9489 1077 if needed.
N.G. Warren
Principal

Link: http://www.normanhurb-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/Yr12 parents re HSC trial papers.pdf
Isnt their a rule that you must get 2 weeks notice for any change in the date or weighting of an exam? Maybe thats just my school but if so u guys should complain and get extra study time cos they havent given u 2 weeks notice.

You guys arent the only ones that hav a screwed up english department, at my school they screwed up previous weightings of tasks which were sat as exams and apparently a maximum of 30% of assesment is allowed to be sat in exam conditions so weve been given the questions for all of paper two and the creative writing bit from paper 1 is worth 0% 4 us

jessied

HSC
haboozin said:
What school isn't redoing it?

People study more for the trial....

I sure did.

Alot of people will learn that they must actually ANSWER THE QUESTION. (which they previously never did)
my school isnt redoing it, we havent heard anything about it, and neither is the public schools here.. im not saying people wont do better in trials... i just think that its going to be fairly obvious who has "cheated"

Johnnysopals

HSC
N/A
Fire the bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe we have to do it again ie Epping Boys

Its a load of BS!!!!!

I was so happy when we already did it.
Owell i guess its good cuz then i can do that BLADY TRANSCRIPT AGAIN
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
relly i cant be bothered redoin the trials again we've alredy done 5 assessments not inluding the trials i hope the rankings stand the way they are.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
At least 20 people I know of at my school (Carlingford High) are refusing to attend the exams if we are made to do them again. It really should be up to the students as to whether or not they want to re-do the exam. If they feel that they have been cheated, then a re-sitting is in order. If not; it's our HSC, why should we?

I, for one, heard nothing about this until today, and I live in Carlingford, next door to Cheltenham.

emtwo

HSC
I'm not sure who said the principal of Cheltenham was a guy, but I assure you, she's not a guy. I don't think it's her fault either, it's probably whoever made up the timetable. I believe last time for the mid-course, it was someone from the Maths staff. Typical.

There were 10 of us doing the DT exam. I'm not sure that exam would've leaked. Are you sure we were doing the Catholic trials for DT? If we were, I'd like to say that it was the dumbest exam I'd ever come across.

I was interested to find out that the English paper was actually the Catholic paper. I sat reading the King Lear question thinking, "Which idiot wrote this question?" and "Do they even know what post structuralism is?"

I know it's a pain for all of you. but I'd dearly love to do my Modules paper again.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
shortygb said:
WHAT! everyone who did the CSSA Trials have to do it again? bloddy hell! where is Cheltenham Girls located?
um... cheltenham. lol

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
emtwo said:
I'm not sure who said the principal of Cheltenham was a guy, but I assure you, she's not a guy. I don't think it's her fault either, it's probably whoever made up the timetable. I believe last time for the mid-course, it was someone from the Maths staff. Typical.

There were 10 of us doing the DT exam. I'm not sure that exam would've leaked. Are you sure we were doing the Catholic trials for DT? If we were, I'd like to say that it was the dumbest exam I'd ever come across.

I was interested to find out that the English paper was actually the Catholic paper. I sat reading the King Lear question thinking, "Which idiot wrote this question?" and "Do they even know what post structuralism is?"

I know it's a pain for all of you. but I'd dearly love to do my Modules paper again.
I don't remember anything about post-structuralism in the King Lear section of my exam.. :S

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
dat place is a shithole, the skool is even worse lol i've been dere, its like a bush..

emtwo

HSC
Jayphen said:
I don't remember anything about post-structuralism in the King Lear section of my exam.. :S
I didn't think the question was about post structuralism at all, hence my thinking that whoever set the exam had no idea we were supposed to be answering about post structuralism.

Or something

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
emtwo said:
I didn't think the question was about post structuralism at all, hence my thinking that whoever set the exam had no idea we were supposed to be answering about post structuralism.

Or something
lol .. We were?
My class hasn't even touched the subject of post-structuralism.

pinkie_monty

sk8ie_boi said:
dat place is a shithole, the skool is even worse lol i've been dere, its like a bush..

shuttup u fag!! >< ...jus coz ur skools a hole doesnt mean my skools one too...hmmz...

emtwo

HSC
Must agree with pinkiemoo (hi Monty!)

Our school is definitely not a hole. Are you sure you've been there?

pinkie_monty

emtwo said:
Must agree with pinkiemoo (hi Monty!)

Our school is definitely not a hole. Are you sure you've been there?
hey whoeva u are!! >< howd u know im monty?? =\ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)