Caucasian Chalk Circle Help!! (1 Viewer)

wrx2nv

HSC
hey, if anyone has some notes on Caucasian Chalk Circle by brecht, or like practice essays they have done, could u plaese email me a copy because i am very confused on the topic?

my email is afg_rocky@hotmail.com

thanks

leeha

HSC
what exactly are you confused about with brecht or the caucasian chalk cirle? I'm not too sure if people are gonna hand over their prac essays but im willing to give u some pointers and such???? i do ccc and mother courage..

wrx2nv

HSC
im confused about the techniques brecht uses in CCC

leeha

HSC
what ones are you looking for?
he uses a play within a play to present a diadactic experience, half curtain, gestus, placards, technology, alienation effect, band on stage, narrator, bright white lights to keep the audience objective...just look through the play to find some examples..
did you ever perform the play as an assessment? because they also look for techniques you put into your play you did.
like we had only 4 people in our group but there were 6 characters in the scene so we used a signifying peice of costuming to show we were that character, and changed that signifying peice before the audience to say our line as the other character.
its confusing but once you get the gist then its easy i think..i liked brecht heaps coz its just so weird haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)