caucasian chalk circle!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Serg01

So, how horrible this is this text? Horibble... now their is ban then thier is bad and this is bad... doesn anyone have anything about this book, I have read it (barely) and I dont know it and its one of my texts for tommorw... Yes I am aware leaving it this late is stupid of me, but meh we all do it..

please.. thanks:D:D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Well, for a start. It is not a book. It is a play. That always helps.

It is worth noting that you don't really need to know the play exceptionally well. You just need to know how the play upholds Brecht theories on theatre etc etc. I would post up some of my notes but they are not divided into dealing with the texts separately.

I don't want to sound like a bitch but I'm not cool with people who don't bother working on it and 'leave it to the last minute'. The expectation of people giving up notes at the drop of a pin is a lazy attitude and I have no respect for people who do ask in the manner you have. I don't share notes with people who don't do the work...and this is mentioned in the stickied thread 'Asking for Assistance'. If you really did have a care in the world you wouldn't be the situation you are now.

All I can say is good luck.

V

val_dramaqueen

I like your style Skillo *shoots her with double barrelled fingers*

400miles

Skillo said:
Well, for a start. It is not a book. It is a play. That always helps.

It is worth noting that you don't really need to know the play exceptionally well. You just need to know how the play upholds Brecht theories on theatre etc etc. I would post up some of my notes but they are not divided into dealing with the texts separately.

I don't want to sound like a bitch but I'm not cool with people who don't bother working on it and 'leave it to the last minute'. The expectation of people giving up notes at the drop of a pin is a lazy attitude and I have no respect for people who do ask in the manner you have. I don't share notes with people who don't do the work...and this is mentioned in the stickied thread 'Asking for Assistance'. If you really did have a care in the world you wouldn't be the situation you are now.

All I can say is good luck.
Oh my god chill out will you? We're all in this together. He didn't ask for your 'respect' or even your opinion... And it's not very hard to give up notes at the drop of a pin, in fact I can hardly see the problem with it. We're all trying to do well here. Of course some people (most people) haven't studied like they should have, doesn't mean they don't deserve help. It's a bit like a country who's just had a civil war, and the country is really torn up and devastated. And you say to them 'Look I'm not going to help you because you got yourself into this mess. Do you really expect me to get you out of it? I'm sorry, I have no conscience.'

HSC
Yeh, but i can understand where Skillo's coming from...look, the exam's in like 3 hours or something so here's a little bit of stuff, hope this helps Serg01 cos it's not like i can type a chunk of essay about the Caucasian play here right now for u:

One of Brecht's last plays, it's one of the more complex examples of Brecht's Epic Theatre (compared to for example, one of his earliest, The Threepenny Opera)
This is because he actually takes the play onto a large scale, paralleling 2 stories: 'The Struggle for the Valley' and the ancient Chinese Parable, 'The Chalk Circle'. He creates the montage effect with the discrete, episodic scenes (which are titled) so blab about that. So that explains its dramatic structure, and also mention the use of the narrator, The Singer and his purpose etc.

In terms of staging, if u performed it, blab about it. Then talk about his use of costume (which i can't detail here, but what he used in the performance he directed), the use of masks under the influence of Eastern/Chinese theatre and Greek Tragedy.

Hope this very simplified stuff helps, i can't possibly explain it to you in more detail than that cos you should be able to write chunks out of what i just wrote up there and expand on it with your own understanding.

good luck everyone! and chill!!:)

-marilia- xoxo

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
You just really need to know HOW Brecht interpreted his techniques into his plays... that's what most questions ask you to do. I have typed up some notes on Brecht and his styles...if anyone needs some help, just ask. Good luck everyone!!!

Serg01

A Simple a 'no' would of done.. But i understand your anger.. sorry

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
Like 400 Miles said, we're in this together. Don't feel bad to ask for help, that's what the forums are for. So if you need help, ask.

Serg01

but i guess I didnt do the work before so i am kind of to blame.. but dont worry I have found out stuff so its all cool now..

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
Good...like i said before, if u need ne more notes, just ask me and i would be HAPPY to send them to u! Just ask...

400miles

Serg01 said:
but i guess I didnt do the work before so i am kind of to blame.. but dont worry I have found out stuff so its all cool now..
lol Shouldn't you be on our side?
It's not really too late to start doing work... It's better that you ask for help rather than sit there with no idea.

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
Too true...don't listen to those uptight people who tell u that u 'should've studied earlier'. god, i only started yesterday, and just by asking for help from the nice people, I actually think I'm gonna do well! So, like i said, i have notes if u wanna use them *s* (means smiles)

Serg01

Yea.. to me drama isnt hard, its an easy subject so I wasn't really panicy... but thanks so much for the notes.. I wont listen to them .. dw..

good luck on the tests.. :D:D

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
Drama isn't hard...it's trying to remember wat goes where...lol. Do u mean u want the notes or r u thanking us for saying nice stuff??? I'm confused...*s*...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)