Celebration : We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

t_cockerill

HSC
Smh

did you like the articles my Michael cockerill in the sydney morning herald??

johnny_87

HSC
A nice easy $25 my way. Too bad I didn't go 1-0 loss and then 1-0 win at home on a multi bet. Would have $360 in my pocket!

What we need is to develop some chants for the Socceroos! "Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!" just doesn't cut it and neither does Waltzing Matilda (the rugby chant).

nedzelic

HSC
t_cockerill said:
did you like the articles my Michael cockerill in the sydney morning herald??
shit i'm still trying to get through all the articles in all the papers
was it good or bad?
i saw him talking on totla football critisisng our performance - h'es an abolsute cock head, i don't know why anyone listens to him. he is our leading football media pundit and that is half the problem with our football. tell me, who the fuck did mike cockerdill play for? Probably fucking bonnyrig reserves or some shite. he's some ludicris looking mother-fucker and is always pessimistic and critical
he can get fucked

HSC
This is going to be so good for everyone.
Win = More interest = more money = more football = happy fans.

The FFA will have more money/sponsorship
Australia has a new (better) sport to worship
The fans have something to brag about
The Socceroos are going to Germany :D

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Coming here more than a whole day late (due to Year 12 Formal on Wednesday night, afters until 5am Thursday morning, and then hanging out with school friends for the whole of Thursday before sleeping until about 15 minutes ago), there isn't too much I could say that someone else hasn't already.

So ..

GO AUSTRALIA! I KNEW WE COULD DO IT! Wednesday was the best day of my life, and it may be the best EVER day of my life. Certainly it will beat getting married, and possibly even watching my future wife give birth.

I want to have Mark Schwarzer's babies, and Guus Hiddink is my new fantasy. No, I'm not gay .. Jennifer Morrison is my girl.

Keeping it short! I LOVE AUSTRALIA!

WE'RE OFF TO FUCKING GERMANY!!!
Yay, go Australia! (Yeah, I'm sure I've written that b4... but Australia rocks!!)

Hahaha, Jennifer Morrison's your girl! By the way, I love House!!
:( Only one episode left for season one.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Definitely one of the most emotionally-charged days of my life. I might go on to suffer from amnesia, but what I watched unfold from the stands on Wednesday night, I will never forget.

The euphoria will subside, I will rediscover my voice which I've lost, this thread will die off; but football, football will live on. Aussies are in the World Cup: You better believe it.

Last edited:
HSC
Paragon said:
Definitely one of the most emotionally-charged days of my life. I might go on to suffer from amnesia, but what I watched unfold from the stands on Wednesday night, I will never forget.

The euphoria will subside, I will rediscover my voice which I've lost, this thread will die off; but football, football will live on. Aussies are in the World Cup: You better believe it.
Did you lose your voice before kickoff like i did? :p I feel like i know you somehow, which is weird.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
my sharona said:
Did you lose your voice before kickoff like i did? :p I feel like i know you somehow, which is weird.
You do? Wow, weird's the word. :cool:

Losing your voice before kickoff, that's a good effort by any measure. :p I can't pinpoint the exact moment I lost my voice, but it was definitely after the National Anthem, 'cos I sure as hell belted it out like it's never been belted out before. Speaking of which did anyone catch the lyrics for 'Stand up for the Socceroos' they showed on the big screens inside the stadia? Basically it went:

Stand up, stand up for the Socceroos, Stand up, stand up for the Socceroos,
Stand up, stand up for the Socceroos, Stand up, stand up for the Socceroos.

Top effort. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nedzelic

HSC
still got my shirt on - wore it every day
hey, if you's haven't heard the abc radio commentary from wilko and andy harper yet yous should; it lets you re-live the moment again
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200511/s1508546.htm
- it's on the right

i must say, i din't really lose my voice properly till extra time
it's a shame on tv that the full volume of the corwd didn't come out. i mean, during their anthem...fuck, the only way you knew it was going still was b/c their players were shown on the big screen. and then in their anthem, at the end they have a small part where they sing for about 30 secs, and people started booing even louder. absolutely awesome - we did exactly what we had to do. i must say, i didnt have conficdecne in the quality of australian football crowds but that was good stuff

it was such a night. my brother who was sitting next to me said he had never heard that many profanities from one person in his life. i just couldn't think of anything else to say. i just ended up swearing loudly - "fuck you fossati you puta, cock-sucker, maricon....' 'oh that's bullshit ref you blind cunt - get fucked you fucker' etc. incoherant it may have been but none the less, it did the job. it climaxed during their penalties. that's when i was just yelling and my vice resembled some 50-year old chain smoker's.
but we did the job. i was thinking in the 20 minutes, b/c of how dodgily we were playing, 'oh fuck, it's all back fired, there's too much pressure on them'
but enter harry kewell and it all went up from there.

fucking brilliant

but seriusoly listen to that commentary
and how good was fossie on sbs - great stuff. you can just feel the tension and agony that was being dispalyed in the ground through the commentary. pretty much by extra time, no commentators were really neutral but who cares, there was too much riding on it for australia.

oh, fantastic. the english language cannot adequately describe the feeling. euphoria, orgasmic, i dunno everyone who watched or who was there knows what i'm on about. anyone who loves football and loves the socceroos and has witnessed previous failed campaigns at the final hurdle, and bad luck and all that. anyone who has had to endure your average dum arse fuck auzzie, who's never watched a game of football in their lives, yet still feels hey can comment, predicting that we would not get to the w.c 'becasue we're shit at soccer, aren't we?" all that and and more. the consant piss taking. well everything and everyone can get fukced now. we are there. and we will do well
Hiddink "today is a good day, so today let's say, let's go all the way' johnny would be proud

WE'RE IN
in the words of another iconic auzzie sportsperson, who may be a dick head and engaged to a chick with no chin, but at least he's got passion:

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
nedzelic said:
i must say, i din't really lose my voice properly till extra time
it's a shame on tv that the full volume of the corwd didn't come out. i mean, during their anthem...fuck, the only way you knew it was going still was b/c their players were shown on the big screen. and then in their anthem, at the end they have a small part where they sing for about 30 secs, and people started booing even louder. absolutely awesome - we did exactly what we had to do. i must say, i didnt have conficdecne in the quality of australian football crowds but that was good stuff
Far out. It's one thing to actually go down that road and jeer some other country's National Anthem, but to justify that with such vigour is plain foul. Jeering and heckling National Anthems, since when is that part of our game? If ever there was a low point that night, it was exactly that. It was a poor, poor thing to do, and I'd just like to think that the occasion got the better of people on the night, moreso than anything else.

Numero Uno

HSC
Paragon said:
Far out. It's one thing to actually go down that road and jeer some other country's National Anthem, but to justify that with such vigour is plain foul. Jeering and heckling National Anthems, since when is that part of our game? If ever there was a low point that night, it was exactly that. It was a poor, poor thing to do, and I'd just like to think that the occasion got the better of people on the night, moreso than anything else.
Yeah, I agree with you, booing someones national anthem is not appropriate behaviour. fuk its one thing to boo a player, another to show disrespect to ones nation.

swisstruffles

HSC
i know its not really the australian way..but some may point out that in montevideo, they began playing our anthem before we had even started lining up properly, and during the second verse they were whistling and jeering throughout as well..i dont think the uruguayans took the situation in sydney personally, they know that we just wanted it badly

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
swisstruffles said:
i know its not really the australian way..but some may point out that in montevideo, they began playing our anthem before we had even started lining up properly, and during the second verse they were whistling and jeering throughout as well..i dont think the uruguayans took the situation in sydney personally, they know that we just wanted it badly

I know what went down in Montevideo, and I know no one took it personally. It's just irritating that some people choose to rave on about it.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
this will be one of the very very few DVD sporting moments i own

sad, but fuck youse if you think that ;) <3

enough heartache for the past 10 years for me :eek:

but i'm awaiting next year when soccer/football season starts and to see how many new faces turn up for trials :s...i just hope the supposed "love" shown towards the socceroos and football in general atm isnt just a fad :eek:

nedzelic

HSC
oh boo hoo, cry me a river
who cares if you boo a national anthem - it's a fucking sporting event. it's no like we were assaulting them, only maybe insulting them. welcome to the fucking real world - that's what sporting stadiums are like in every other country, it's about time we got up to speed fellas. arny and the players asked for the crowd support and it was senstational - it aims to rattle and intimidate the opposition. EVERY other place you go on earth you will get it. whether it's china, brazil, england, france whatever - the same. and we gave it to 'em, without it, we may have lost

T

timbk2

dammit.. socceroos jerseys are sold out everywhere! i want one b4 i go overseas in a months time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)